Charging on Jelly Bean

Kate84

May 3, 2014
I can't figure this out, baffling me.

I have the Nook Tablet 16Gb BNTV250 with OEM wall charger & USB cable.

On stock Nook & unofficial CM7's/CM9's roms, the OEM charger/cable works fine.
I can have max brightness, WiFi on, volume max, watching NetFlix with low battery and the charger will charge it pretty quick/normal.

Now if I'm on any CM10's rom, I can't charge the tablet while it's on.
It will show that it's charging but it will drain instead.
Doesn't matter if I turn off WiFi, lower the brightness.
It won't keep up and just slow drain battery.

Only way to charge it is to turn it off and it takes ALL night to get to full.
It feels like as if it's being charged by USB to PC, slow slow slow.
I know it's not the OEM wall charger and USB cable. As I've said, stock nook or CM7/9 charge fine.

I can't find anything on this problem...

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Kate, welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. If you haven't already done so, try turning off all the radios (WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth) They're usually right up there with screen brightness for using a lot of battery. There should be something in the Settings that shows you the % of battery usage by everything that's running. If not there are apps for that, maybe one of them will help you track down the culprit. Good luck!

Kate84

May 3, 2014
So I tried again on CM10 rom, downloaded an app that would tell me how the tablet is being charged.

Apparently the tablet thinks its being charged from a USB port even though I'm on the wall charger.

Hence the slow drain. it can't keep up. So it takes all night to charge it with the tablet off.

But I still don't why and how to fix it. Stock Nook, CM7/CM9 didn't have this problem.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I'm hoping someone else with a Nook Tablet will come along and say whether or not they've been able to run CM10 successfully on it or not. It's possible you've taken it as far into the future as it's capable of going with CM9 and it just can't handle CM10 for whatever reason. It stands to reason there's a limit, and CM9 might be it. I hope I'm wrong, but maybe you should just install CM9 and enjoy your tablet.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Kate, would you please post the link to where you got the ROM from?