Charging Problemd

IICause_OneII

May 31, 2011
Hi All,

Been lurking in the background for a little while now and getting some us tips before decid
PHP:
ing to take the plunge and have now recently taking deli Dropad A8!

I do have a problem though, which I'm hoping someone could help with. When charging the device, the light goes red and when it is (supposedly) I'm assuming it should go to Green. However, when the light does go green, I turn on the device and it only hslf charged?

If I was to remove the charger and then re-plug, the light would then go on to suggest its "charging", but after 10 seconds or so, go back to green suggesting its full.

What should I do?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Try running the battery way down before charging it next time. Don't go much below 10% though, you might damage the battery. This should recalibrate the charge indicator.

IICause_OneII

May 31, 2011
Thanks for the reply.

Gave this a go the second time I charged it and unfortunately I'm still in the same situation.

1. Do you think a faulty charger could cause this? (I really don't want to send it back because other than this problem, it appears to be working OK).

2. Could it be that the firmware is telling the device to turn on the green light at XX% and to stop charging and a firmware upgrade could fix this?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
It's not the charger that's telling you it's charged, so a firmware upgrade could fix it. Are you aware of one that you haven't installed? If so, why not?
There are lots of battery apps out there, DL one and see if it agrees with your device indication.
If so, then I'd say your device/battery is defective and needs to be fixed/replaced.
If the app says the battery is fully charged, use the app to determine when to charge it.

Last edited:

IICause_OneII

May 31, 2011
Thanks again for the reply.

I've only received it 4 days ago and I'm new to the Android world, so learning whilst I go, which is the reason I haven't downloaded any firmware as of yet.

I've heard of the custom C8lean firmware for the Dropad, but would you know where I can get it reliably? (Dont want to brick the tab)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Don't install any custom firmware that might void your warranty. Sort out the battery problem first and if it's the device/battery that's bad get it replaced. I'm not aware of a source for the firmware, but someone here should be able to help with that.

IICause_OneII

May 31, 2011
Don't install any custom firmware that might void your warranty. Sort out the battery problem first and if it's the device/battery that's bad get it replaced. I'm not aware of a source for the firmware, but someone here should be able to help with that.

Good advice. Thanks for your help.