chinese apad now what?

g4jnw

Aug 13, 2010
Bought my wife a cheap apad via usual source its a M001, went cheap as I was not sure she would use it.
She does night duty a lot and her main use is to read books but she does check emails.
Since buying it she absolutely loves it, her main complaint is that the battery doesn't last long enough so she mostly has it plugged in and it gets very hot.

Now that she uses it a lot I would like to buy her something that has better battery life.

I cant afford an ipad so thats out.

any suggestions please?

Or is it worth waiting a while?

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
I don't know exactly how the battery life is...but there are some really nice iPad alternatives. The VIA tablet you bought is really (I am mean REALLY) slow. The E7002 is rather nice. Also, the Herotab RK7 has a better build quality (but is also a little heavier). If you want android 2.2 out of the box than Wits A81E is good. There are some new tablets coming out by the end of this month. I will try to update the page in my status once they are out. You can see there some specs and a small comparison.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Once you switch to a TCC8902 based device, your battery life will be almost 3 times longer.

Do not listen to recommendations for the M001 again. That user is getting a warning.

g4jnw

Aug 13, 2010
didnt know you could change the batteries
There are no batteries on that site, if this was a ploy to get me to the site it worked but it also put me off buying from the site when you give duff information - negative sales I call that ha ha

There is a hack but it involves getting inside the M001, think I would rather sell it and get the next gen, maybe the one suggested by the admin.

Or may wait till android 3 comes out.

Ideally (not possible yet i think) would like long battery life and a UK plug rather than a silly 2 pin plug with an adapter that usually come with a short lead and gets pulled out of the adapter all the time.

Last edited: