Using a tablet like an IPAQ/PALM

mindwave

Jul 6, 2010
I apologize if this belongs in another area, if so let me know which would be more appropriate and I'll do it!

My wife wants a Kindle/Nook etc I have convinced her that if we wait until summer the android tablets will be out and she can get her e-reader and so mjch more.

So in the next 2 weeks I will be buying her a 7" tablet and then about 2 weeks after that a 10" for myself.

My question is that she would like to be able to carry just ONE device.

Which means dumping my Dell Axim, and Palm LifeDrive (which I do love) and her Ipaq.

The most important feature for her would be the ability to plug into her desktop/laptop and hit "sync" (button app whatever) and have her contacts and and calendar synced up on her tablet to match her laptop/desktop.

Now with the Lifedrive I had to bend a few rules (I'm running Linux), and have everything sync to my GMAIL and THEN have the Lifedrive sync to that, but since gmail isnt her primary email she was never keen on that odea.

I hear a LOT about googles "docs" etc, so I went and looked and if I read it rightm, now a days to do it right it would cost $50 a year for a pro account.

Is there an app that will allow me to do what I need or does everything have to go through google first?

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

J