Chinese Tablet off ebay..?

cokester

Jan 7, 2012
Ok, i just ordered one of those 7" tablets for 77$ and for the price i can't complain.. But i just moved from ios to android so i'm stuck and confused as crap. I know what rooting is, and rom is bascially a theme (correct me if i'm wrong).. But, theres many rooting applications for tablets, but this chinese tablet isn't name branded so im stuck and don't know which rooting application should i use.. please help? Also, Which rom should you suggest i get?

cokester

Jan 7, 2012
Oh okay, so like, it's like a updated verison of android 2.2 but with added stuff? But its still android 2.2? And what should i use to root it with?

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
Oh okay, so like, it's like a updated verison of android 2.2 but with added stuff? But its still android 2.2? And what should i use to root it with?

No. It depends on the ROM. It might be 2.2 or 2.3 or 3.x or 4.0. The ROM replaces the version of Android that was preloaded on your device. It's akin to reinstalling Windows. ROMs are usually stripped of bloatware and most have superuser access ("rooted" ) already.

If you need to ask these questions, you're not ready to hack your device. You'll end up bricking it. However, an $80 Chinese special is the right device for your first time. I bought an eBay special to learn Android before buying my Droid X.

Sent from my DROIDX running MIUI

Last edited: