Christmas and AppsLib is down - MID7015

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
Don't despair. Here are a few things you can still do.
Update the system
go to
COBY - Kyros™ Internet Touchscreen Tablet
watch the video to see how then get a microSD card and go for it.
The two big gains are it's more stable and when playing the racing car it steers right when you turn right. When you update it will delete the apps you've installed so if you do it early you avoid repeat installs. But if you wait it can blow away a lot of crap-apps that you try and find are worthless. Seems most data files stay (like OpenStreetMap data)
Download some free open source games from Google Code
Project Hosting on Google Code
My favorite games there are opensudoku and andoku
Also osmand is awesome. Points-of-Interest on OpenStreetMaps.
MapDroid
https://slideme.org/application/mapdroyd
More OpenStreetMaps - maps you can use while touring down the road without a WiFi connection, or walking the streets of Paris.
Search for games
You just need to download the apk. If a site only lets you get to the apk through Google Market - give up (others say root it and install market)
Here is a site you might find games:
Android Freeware: Browse the GAMES category
Raging Thunder
Raging Thunder - LITE 1.0.6 - Software-android.net
A 3-D car race where you steer by tilting the tablet like a steering wheel. Linux users will know it as TuxKart but with more grown-up looking cars.

Google for more...
Take good notes and bookmarks!
I have an Harrap apk speaking French-English English-French dictionaries but I cannot find the source.
This is my first Android device and I'm having fun. I've had it for almost two weeks now.

simndev

Dec 26, 2010
ME TOO!!! i can't download any apps at all.. my wifi is connected and works fine.. the message i got now is "Applicatin AppsLib (in process com.appslib.vending) is not resopnding. the options i have is "Force close" or "Wait"... nothing seems to be working.. its so frusterating HELP!!

foondar

Dec 26, 2010
Hi guys. Here's a thought. If you got the official Android Market running on your device you wouldn't care about AppsLib anymore.

Here's two methods to install it on the Coby Kyros 7015:

First Method

Alternate, Newbie Friendly Method

Any other ideas?

3. Open AppsLib,press the search hour glass icon,and type File Manager and press Search. I like the File Manager by mmaapp. Install it. Close AppsLib

3. Once your Wi-Fi is active, open AppsLib (the Market replacement) from the home screen on the tablet. Press the magnifying glass icon in the top right corner to bring up the Search box. In the search box, type appinstaller and press search. When the results come up, click on appInstaller and install it. Close AppsLib and return to your home screen.

Last edited:

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
In another post gurgle suggested
SlideME | Android Community and Application Marketplace
I've been downloading and testing games from there this afternoon. A few are keepers.
My intent with this thread was to show new users that AppsLib is not the only way to download games, etc.
With AppsLib down you cannot use it to get mmaapp. So I've been using AndExplorer.
Anyone wanting help with downloads that don't use AppsLib?

Last edited:

reber3522

Dec 26, 2010
you cant root this device since the AppsLib is down and you cannot register. So we are kinda screwed for now, I emailed the developers of AppsLib last night, with no response so far....wish there was a way to root it through the computer with out needing to open AppsLib...

Grungla

Dec 26, 2010
Yeah, I got Android SDK working and installing apps using ADB, I'll probably root it later or something right.

MiMo

Dec 27, 2010
I cannot access the AppsLib either. I've had mine for about 3 days and could use the appslib until yesterday. I get the same errors about my server not being connected when it is! This is frustrating. I tried to call COBY and the Tech. said... the device was rushed to market and they didn't receive training on them yet and couldn't really assist me. WHAT?! This is insanity. Also, if anyone knows... I'm a 'newbie' when it comes to anything technological and was wondering... it seems as though I can't save pictures from the internet on my device... is this because I don't have an SDcard yet? I know on the iPad that you can save images to the device memory and was just wondering if this is similar??

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
Hi MiMo,
I just tried to download a photo from my home page. I held the stylus on the photo for 2 seconds and a pop-up let me choose "Save Image". It saved it to "Download history". If I click on the picture in the list of downloads it pops open with an image viewer. Menu button on top of Coby and I get an option for details. Details tells me:
file:///nand/download/myimage.jpeg
So with AndExplorer I can open the folder nand and there is a sub-folder called download and in it is myimage.jpeg.
You don't need AppsLib for AndExplorer. It's at
Android free file manager, explorer - AndExplorer

As a general rule rather it's better to start a new thread to ask a question than to ask it inside a thread whose title is not discussing that issue. That is... if you had started a new thread like "How do I download Images from the web?" many more people would have seen your question and you might have more answers to choose from.

sh8827

Dec 27, 2010
Got my coby yesterday and I was able to root this device without Appslib. You will need to download z4root.1.3.0.apk and then use ADB to install the apk

jetta02awp

Dec 14, 2010
2010-12-26225520.jpg

Do It!! So much easier then downloading apps on my android phone, backup to sd then transferring to the tablet. Use the "newbie friendly version" it is so easy