Cleaning Cloth

luv2blze

Feb 11, 2012
Hello all,

I lost the cleaning cloth that came with my tf300t and I can't seem to find it anywhere. This was hands down, the BEST cleaning cloth I've ever used. It cleaned the screen so fast and efficiently. I have a few microfiber cloths, but they're not as good. I find myself having to press a little harder than I'm comfortable with to clean the screen. Any suggestions as to where I can get the original one or something close to it?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
A micro fiber cloth is all I have ever used, not the one the TF came with either. Not a big problem for me. But there are differences in the type of material.

CARVERitUP

Feb 28, 2013
Yup I lost mine too, and I take my tablet to class. I've begun having to use the inside of my winter jacket (it has a soft liner) lol.

Any microfiber cloth should work though? Some are better than others...anyone got brand recommendations?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Yup I lost mine too, and I take my tablet to class. I've begun having to use the inside of my winter jacket (it has a soft liner) lol.

Any microfiber cloth should work though? Some are better than others...anyone got brand recommendations?

Welcome to the forum

You may be able to tell by the texture of the cloth. A better one will have a silky feel. They are pretty much generic so I'm not certain a brand would do much other than cost you more money. ;)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Maybe I'm just a barbarian who doesn't know any better and who's been lucky so far.:rolleyes: I take a clean washcloth, wrap the end around my index finger, hold it under the faucet to get it damp and scrub the screen lightly with it. Then I use the dry part to polish the screen dry. When I'm done, the screen sparkles. I've also never used a screen protector, and after 2 years of this there isn't a single scratch on the screen of my Nookcolor.:cool:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hi barbarian. At some point you may end up with a scratch free screen that only works when it wants.;)

The surface of the screen has a very special coating on it that needs to conduct electricity, (from your skin, which is why a stylus for a touch screen needs to have a conductor). You can't normally see or detect that it's there, until it begins to peel off (as I have read from several users on another forum). So my backup on this is people who actually rubbed the coating until it began to peel. THE END.

luv2blze

Feb 11, 2012
I do use a micro fiber cloth and it does work fairly well, but on tougher fingerprints, I have to put some pressure on it, which I'm not comfortable with. Also, with the original cloth, they came off really quickly, but with the micro fiber cloth it takes a little longer. Almost everyone I know that has the tablet lost theirs as well. It's not a big deal but I do miss that cloth.