CM7 - How do I remove a widget from my main screen

Goldberry

Apr 29, 2011
Just placed CM7 on SD card and have been playing with it before making the plunge to a complete rooting.

I placed the Clock widget that comes with the apps on the main screen but found a better one, Fancy Widget. I cannot figure out how to remove the clock widget. Also is their a way to specifically place a widget on the screen ie: grab and move as with the app icons.

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
Just placed CM7 on SD card and have been playing with it before making the plunge to a complete rooting.

I placed the Clock widget that comes with the apps on the main screen but found a better one, Fancy Widget. I cannot figure out how to remove the clock widget. Also is their a way to specifically place a widget on the screen ie: grab and move as with the app icons.

If you tap on your widget, just like you'd do on an app icon, it becomes "mobile". You can move it around or just drag it to the trash can icon to remove it from your home screen. Depending on the widget, its size, etc, you may need to tap to a specific region to move/delete it, since some sections may be designed to bring up the settings for the widget.

Goldberry

Apr 29, 2011
If you tap on your widget, just like you'd do on an app icon, it becomes "mobile". You can move it around or just drag it to the trash can icon to remove it from your home screen. Depending on the widget, its size, etc, you may need to tap to a specific region to move/delete it, since some sections may be designed to bring up the settings for the widget.
I have tried everything but licking it and it doesn't create a pop up box. I will try to see if I can region it for taps but it is not very large. This widget is part of one of the apps that was loaded initially. I was thinking I could delete the entire app and maybe this would remove it but when I try to delete an app that came originally with gaaps I don't seem to be able to.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Some widgets only respond when touching and holding on a certain spot of the widget. Also if you have your desktop locked in ADW you will not be able to remove items. Go into menu>more to make sure it is unlocked. ADW launcher can be kind of sensitive when it comes to removing items, so you may want to lay it flat on the table.

Goldberry

Apr 29, 2011
Thanks problem solved, someone in another thread suggested laying it flat and that plus having my wife touch it got it. Very frustrating experience.

bdr0380

May 5, 2011
I've got somewhat the same problem. Pressing and holding anything on the homepage does nothing. I can't delete or move anything or add any widgets/shortcuts. It was working great and then just stopped all of a sudden. Is there a setting I need to change?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
you might try locking the screen by tapping the power button then pressing the home button to bring the nook back on. Sometimes this lock and unlock restes the touch sensativity.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I've got somewhat the same problem. Pressing and holding anything on the homepage does nothing. I can't delete or move anything or add any widgets/shortcuts. It was working great and then just stopped all of a sudden. Is there a setting I need to change?
Its a matter of Lock/Unlock of Homescreen editin.
Make sure that U have it Unlocked.