Coby 7015 link2sd, ext2 partition not found

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
i installed both your files
"sdmount" in the system/bin directory
and "install-recovery.sh" in the system/etc directory
rebooted..and my sd card is not recognized..

im lost at this.. i installed link2sd and did the procedure with install-recovey file setting permissions and it works great,but the issue is i cant mount the sd card portion when i plug in with usb cable to my computer.. im using windows XP and it doesnt see the second partition..

luisvasquez

May 7, 2011
Can't you mount your partition by your kyros, windows or both?

Sent from my MID7015A using Android Tablet Forum

whereareyou

May 1, 2011
HI, I have a Question about link2sd:

When I make a backup of my coby with clockworkmod recovery and lot of applications in the second partition of my sdcard with link2sd, those applications are in the backup to? If I uninstall everything and them I restored all my apps will stay there?

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
hey Luis thanks for your help... I installed the Gingerbread OEM 2.3.1 .. right now i can mount the sd partition to my pc,but i still dont see the second partition,but that could be a Windows limitation..

vanjhelion

Mar 21, 2011
It is a windows limitation since it also was prompted when I've used the minitools partition for windows program.

Sent from my Gpad701 using Android Tablet Forum

togo88

Jun 12, 2011
I have a question:

I did the things in the post #59 (the install-recovery.sh and the sdmount), the link2sd recognized the 2nd partition ( i have 2, both fat32) and i can link the apps without a problem, but, i can't see the sd card in the andexplorer (i can see it in rootexplorer) and i cannot mount this card to see in the PC (if I click in the option to mount in that top menu nothing happens)

this is normal?

vanjhelion

Mar 21, 2011
We had issues with 2.3.3 in moving apps and was considering to implement this over to that. Did anyone already tried?

enidone

Apr 3, 2011
Hi all,

Would anyone be willing to share exactly what you did in gparted? I understand how to create new partitions and resize existing ones, but did the labels have to be anything special, for example?

Also, is a card reader required, or can I do it through a USB connection?

Right now I have one big partition on the sd card. I can see this partition with ES File Explorer, but not with AndExplorer (sounds like others have seen the same thing).

thanks.

bumeranger

Oct 5, 2011
No labels on those partions, no need for card reader(usb connection works just fine),
Newest version of Links2SD doesn't mount your second partion ext2 etc properly, but older version works better.
Download version 1.7.0 from here:
2shared - download Link2SD 1.7.0.apk

This older version solved my 2nd partition mounting problems, just reboot after installing this and you are ready to go!