Coby 7015 so much info!!

Bill236

Nov 15, 2010
I just purchased one and it will be here sometime on Friday, I have read so many threads about what to do with this device, some say install the Coby update, some say root it from the box, there is so much info on what everyone thinks is the best approach, I need the google market, I need to be able to view, update Word documents, excel, outlook calander for meetings, I have read so much info on this I have no idea where to start, I'm not looking for Ipad performance, just something to keep me in touch with my co workers, the web, to send a message to a co worker in a different meeting to ask an IT question via email, I have watched the vid on Coby to update the appslip, is that worth the time or just go for it and root it out of the box, will it take 2.2? Some say leave it at 2.1, to be plunt WTF? This is new to me, I have no fear to go for it, but some straight out answers would be a real help. I have read lots of Sticky posts, just want some answer as to how to proceed to get what I need. I have been a member for a short time, got one of those damn nextbook 3, junk, sent it back, won't even charge out of the box, the reviews for the most part on this 7015 seem positive, is there anywhere in the forum that has the answers to any of my questions without spending 10 hours looking and searching. Sorry if I sound pissed, just a little overwhelmed with SO much info.

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
mines suppose to be here friday to. i've also been looking around. what my plan was to just do the coby update, then use it stock for a while, get the feel of it first.
later i'll probably root it, not sure if i'll do the market, going to see if i can grab apps from the website first, i'd rather not have the market as it tends to slow things.

just letting you know your not alone.

rossjhsn

Dec 28, 2010
This is probably not correct venue,but what the heck...the advantage of downloading Z4Root and AndExplorer out of the box is that after you re-rom you won't have to reinstall all your apps like NPR News, Kindle, Nook, games,etc. There is a video on youtube that shows how. Basically you load Watery Kyros in a zip file from a special recovery boot mode. Before you can do that you need to sideload or manually load a file to give you folder control (root) and a terminal emulator to boot into the special recovery mode. Complicating an already arduous task was the fact that the first posts anout how to do this had bad links and skipped steps. Still it is worth the journey. My 7015 is zippy da doo day fast. I suggest version 1.2b. Also watch the video on Coby site. Rosshopper

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Bill236

Nov 15, 2010
Thank you for the info, I think I'll do the Coby update first and do a lot more reading on the rooting process and see what happens, everywhere I look for info I see that most people are rooting it, it's just what version to root too and what process to do it.

idbl_fanatic

Mar 9, 2011
Thank you for the info, I think I'll do the Coby update first and do a lot more reading on the rooting process and see what happens, everywhere I look for info I see that most people are rooting it, it's just what version to root too and what process to do it.

I got mine a couple of weeks ago and it had the update already

Sent from my LG Optimus V

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
yeah, on the coby site if you read the pdf, it says you got to check in "about device" if it says "mid7015a" it's already updated. so you just do the appslib update straight from the device itself.

Mktwain

Mar 30, 2012
This onset of info is pretty new to me too, I just want this thing ([FONT='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, FreeSans, sans-serif]Coby Kyros MID7015 7-inch Android Internet touchscreen tablet) to take with me to class as a way to type up notes. I realize it is a small screen and I am planning to buy a usb keyboard/case for it, I just wanna know if it can be used for this? Do I have to buy the app/program for Word? Is there a cheaper alternative? (I'm a student on a budget)