Kyros 7015 firmware version

rlm1949

Nov 26, 2010
What exactly will the update.zip accomplish on the Coby. I've downloaded the update.zip and gone NO further.

Does update.zip effect 'flash' or and functionality above 2.1?

I'm having flash issues which I understand 2.2 will correct, and m3u audio issues. Sorry if I'm off topic, newbie.

jetta02awp

Dec 14, 2010
It will fix some issues on the tablet. Such as the problem of having to press the reset button (because of freezing) after standby and a few other little issues. It does not update android to 2.2

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Android Tablet Forum App

Clancy

Jan 11, 2011
From my notes file:
System Info - from "About device" in settings:
Model number: MID7015
Firmware version: 2.1-update1
Kernel version: 2.6.29 Root android 2.1
Build number: MID7015 1.6a_20101105-2
after update the same except:
Build number: MID7015 1.6a_20101124-3

So look at the build number.

Purchased the Kyros a week ago and it had the update installed, thought I'd run the update anyway, just to get familiar with the machine's workings. The update definitely changed a few things. The UI Resolution has a 1280x720 setting, that wasn't there before, my mail accounts have color coded strips that weren't there before... plus I few other things. Perhaps I had a corrupted factory flash? Even though I had to redo my settings and mail accounts I'm glad I ran the update.

Clancy-

ogeight

Feb 3, 2011
I just got the 7015 a few days ago and I think that is not the latest update. I downloaded the upgrade and am waiting for the 8gig chip to install it. I also downloaded some other apps but haven't figured out how to install them. have you installed any apps yet?

ogeight

Feb 3, 2011
My build number is1.6a_20101129-1 I'm waiting for the 8 gig chip to install the upgrade. I'm worried now. My version seems to be newer then your upgraded number. I was hoping it would have the app to see my youtube videos. they say I need android 2.2 to install the flash video. any advice?

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
Hi ogeight,

You have the latest known update version. Maybe a new one will come later but I doubt you being able to use the Coby's website current update.zip.
Whether you install Android Market or not, I recommend the steps for SuperUser and ClockWorkMod as a way to create a backup of as original an install as you have. Read the stickys. One has a video about the process.

I think the youtube video player is standard. But flash needs Android 2.2. Coby has yet to release an update with 2.2.

Feb 13, 2011
I am trying to decide what (cheap) android tablet to buy.

I am interested in the Kyros MID7015, but I want to be able to get the latest Android firmware updates soon after they are released.

Maybe I should get Archos gen8 tablet because they already have Android 2.2 available.

Anyway does anyone know if and when Android 2.2 will be available for the 7015 ?

Thanks