coby keyboard sometimes freezes

greta.b

Jan 12, 2011
My kyros is updated so I know that's not the problem, and it doesn't freeze all the time. I've downloaded the better keyboard thought that might help that one froze also. I also considered that maybe I was typing too fast so I slowed down but it still froze. It stops right in the middle of the next letter being typed and reboots to the home screen. Doesn't happen all the time, but annoying when it does. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

wagadesa

Jan 15, 2011
I am also having the same problem.
I have installed memorybooster to see if there is a memory leak or something with the update/Google apparently.

I'll see if this eliminates/reduces this freeze reboot problem.

Sent from my MID7015 using Tapatalk

Clancy

Jan 11, 2011
I was also having this problem.

As a test, Go to setting and bring up the keyboard options...

Disable Auto-Complete, Show Suggestions and Commonly Typed Mistakes (Quick Fixes)

See if that affects the freezing problem on your Kyros.

Clancy-

Trauma

Dec 12, 2010
Been having the same issue too. I disabled all the predictive text, auto complete, voice search, and auto correction earier ttoday. So far i havent had one freeze and reboot. Also i can type faster too. Its been about 12 hours, and still going good. I also installed "better keyboard 8 beta", but i installed that first to try it, and it was still crashing. But after i disabled all the other stuff, the crashes havent happened "yet". Give it a try and good luck!

wagadesa

Jan 15, 2011
Thanks for the inputs. It appears disabling the predictive texts, auto correction and auto selection does indeed help. My Kyros has not locked up in 24hrs since disabling these items.

Sent from my MID7015 using Tapatalk

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
I've started using SlideIt which is a cool keyboard that you slide the stylus from s-t-y-l-u-s then lift. It also has the option for pecking one letter at a time. I've found that more responsive and reliable even in peck mode.

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
I use Smart Keyboard Pro, lots of skins and custom styles and works great! You can even calibrate the keyboard which helps with overall response. I still have predictive text and extra features turned off though.

Sent from my Kyros using Android Tablet Forum App

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Swiftkey works, but I just use Gingerbread keyboard because it works well and is quite fast

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
Looks like Gingerbread Keyboard is a skin for Better Keyboard.
Now I'm using AnySoftKeyboard

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Gingerbread keyboard is a full backport from Android 2.3 source code. More importantly, it's completely free.

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
Thanks for the apk xaueious,
I like Gingerbread's long click to get numbers without switching to a number keyboard.
I like AnySoftKeyboard having arrows to move left - right. It's a challenge to click in just the right place sometimes.
I wish one keyboard had both.