Coby 8024 keyboard is pretty useless

yves.alexis

Jul 9, 2011
Does anyone else experience serious lag problems while using the coby keyboard ? no matter how i tap the keyboard, with the finger, the fingernail, the stylus, in the center of the letter or in any corner, i can hardly type anything without the letters showing the secondary letter menu, as if i were to long press each letter.
I need to retype each letter five or six times in order to correctly type. very, very annoying

yves.alexis

Jul 9, 2011
yes i did, several times, but to no avail. It is as if the screen always records a long press of my tapping instead of a short one. Don't you have this problem ? Does your keyboard respond to your typing correctly ? eg when i type the letters 'www' in my browser i cannot tap the screen three times, i need to do tap each letter, wait, the type another etc

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
I have a 8024 and my keyboard is a little better then I expected. Sometimes I skip a letter by not tapping hard enough but I have very few mistakes. It does seem that I need to tap in the lower half of the letter box for best results but I can type a couple of sentence email with very few or no mistakes.

I did calibrate mine in the first couple of days that I had it by using the stylus (not my finger) AND using the lightest touch possible with the stylus.

yves.alexis

Jul 9, 2011
I reinitialized the tablet and it seems to have improved a bit. i did use launcher pro previously which i'm not anymore... could that be a reason ?

vetteman72

Jun 14, 2011
Your launcher could have something to do with it if it's slowing your system down. I've used Zeam which is very light on memory and very fast. Right now I'm using Go Launcher EX. It seems to fine too but is quite bigger in file size than Zeam.