Coby Kryos MID7015 - mp3 upload

fimakr

Jan 1, 2011
I was wondering how to correctly upload mp3 files to the Kyros. I found a blog entry that said to put the files into the download folder after hooking the device up to my computer, but that did not work.

Also it seems that any mp3 files that I download on the internet are playable if I click them in the downloads list, but they never show up in the Music app.

Is there something specific that needs to be done for the Kyros to recognize mp3 files or am I doing something wrong altogether.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

dyoung111

Dec 30, 2010
Strange. I just copied my music and video files to my sd card, and they are viewable and playable in the Music or gallery ap. BTW, there is a free mp3 download app called music everyday that is working well for me. Good luck.

V8Addict

Jan 8, 2011
so, the secret for loading music and pictures into the Kyros is to use the sd card? I've tried to add just to the built in memory but the mp3s and pictures dont show.

fimakr

Jan 1, 2011
Finally, i've received my sd card, loaded music files and , oh magic, i can listen it. Thank you to all.
But here are two questions:
1. why does not it work from internal memory
2. how can i stop the song when it plays? could not figure out it. It does stop once the song is finished. But when it plays, neither Home button nor Back button stops it.

jetta02awp

Dec 14, 2010
Finally, i've received my sd card, loaded music files and , oh magic, i can listen it. Thank you to all.
But here are two questions:
1. why does not it work from internal memory
2. how can i stop the song when it plays? could not figure out it. It does stop once the song is finished. But when it plays, neither Home button nor Back button stops it.

To stop music from playing just pause it and exit the app. To truly close the app, download Taskiller from AppLib or Market, whichever you are using open Taskiller and kill the music app. Not sure about the first question

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
To install MP3s to the internal memory do the following:

Connect the Kyros to your computer and mount the internal storage (NAND). The computer should recognize the storage as a portable USB drive or Portable storage and prompt what you want it to do (if it doesn't just go to my computer to browse the storage directory).

This is important! Create a new file called "media" on the root of your internal storage (all lowercase, exactly as I typed it). The root means the main directory, in other words don't navigate to any folders inside the storage device, just put the new folder directly in the main directory.

All of your MP3 files must go in the "media" folder, so transfer the file you want on your device into the "media" folder you just created.

Unmount the internal storage either by:

1. Swiping down the top of the screen and selecting the unmount storage option in the notification bar.

2. Just unplug the Kyros from your computer (DO NOT do this if the file is still syncing/transferring).

If you had the music application already started close it (shut it down) completely using your preferred task killer (I've actually watched the application add new files without a restart, so this step isn't always necessary). Reload the music application and your new file should be sitting there for you to listen to! If it's not, simply reboot the device and wallah!

Enjoy!

I've personally found there is no way to organize the files in this media folder, I've tried sub-directories on my device and the files in the sub-folders were not found by the music app. You're more than welcome to try it out on your own, it definitely won't hurt anything.

Also, edit the ID tags and information for the MP3 file through your favorite media application on your computer- the tagging service and organization on the Kyros are practically useless if you don't have the file's info already filled in.

Last edited:

emmerick

Mar 14, 2011
Or just create a folder called "music"or a so-called "media"on the sdcard and put the songs in it that the tablet will recognize.

flmmsx

Mar 10, 2011
I have had no problem playing MP3 files on my 7015, on the SD chip. My problem was getting my 7015 to play through my car speakers. My Hundai has two external ports to connect music to play through the car speakers, one for an Ipod and one for USB connections. I tried all sorts of connectors to connect the USB port to the 3.5 headset jack to no avail. I was thinking that the 7015 was acting like an MP3 player. It wasn't until I thought about using a 3.5mm to 3.5 mm plug to connect the 7015 head set jack to the IPOD port that I got it working beautifully. As stated in one of the other posts, all of the songs need to be in the Media directory and not subdirectories. I also was not able to get WMA files to play at first but will try now that the connection is working. Hope this helps someone. :cool: