Coby Kyros MID7012 - Screen calibration alternative?

Rivkah94

Dec 26, 2011
I have a Coby Kyros MID7012, but the touchscreen seems a bit off and the factory calibration software doesn't seem to do the trick. So, here I am wondering: Does anybody know of some better touchscreen calibration software? There is more info of my tablet in my signature.

Sent from my MID7012 using Android Tablet Forum

Nebchick

Dec 31, 2011
The instruction that is given for calibrating can be construed wrong (as I did while pulling my hair out).
When it says "up" it means lift OFF the screen.

OMG Thank you thank you thank you!!! The calibration thing was seriously pissing me off!!! All better now, and I even have some hair left. :0) I can type and actually get the letter I touch! THANKS AGAIN!!

Rivkah94

Dec 26, 2011
The instruction that is given for calibrating can be construed wrong (as I did while pulling my hair out).
When it says "up" it means lift OFF the screen.
Oh wow, they should really fix that. I thought maybe the calibration software was just faulty, not just with bad instructions. Thank ye :)

KGee

Feb 21, 2012
Thanks for this clarification. I feel a bit stupid after sitting here touching the calibration icons and dragging upward. I was convinced that there was something seriously wrong, as none of the keys on the virtual keyboard did what they were supposed to. Perhaps a little more detail in the owner's manual about this feature would be a good idea for Coby.

reds49

Feb 18, 2012
If it had not been for your clarification I probably would have simply stuck it in the drawer with all my other tech mistakes. As it is I have had a great deal of fun with it. Thank you for your fix.

Last edited:

reds49

Feb 18, 2012
If you have not already done this, try using a stylus for calibration instead of your finger. It really helped refine mine after the frustration of taking the manual literally.

elphias

Oct 5, 2012
Ive tried everything and the screen won't align when the hardware buttons are on the right tried evrything i could think of please help