Coby Kyros MID7015 Cases...

RedDawn289

Dec 30, 2010
Well I am sure a lot of you have found the case for the MID7015 to be a bit cheep. It's awesome that it comes with a case but I can't see it lasting too long. My strap is already starting to crack where they attach it.

I was looking around the mall the other day and couldn't help but noticed that the Samsung Galaxy looked to be about a same size as the Kyros. I checked out the measurements and sure enough it is pretty close...

Coby Kyros MID7015 = 7.59"x4.52"x.60"
Samsung Galaxy = 7.4"x4.7"x.56"

Have you guys found any different cases for it? I am thinking about just getting something that it slides in and out of rather then a "book" style.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Do a search on ebay for "Coby tablet"... there are a couple vendors that have a slip in style Neoprene case for 7" tablets.. they say for Coby specific tablets.... fairly sharp looking... would make a better travel case than the "book sleeve" that came with it... and at under $9 a deal if i might add

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Take the tablet with you to Office Depot or Staples and get a case for less. Most have zipper on it. But your Coby does come with a leather case and stand.

Marbieskarb

Feb 2, 2011
I got a silcone case fit for the Samsung Galaxy Tab off of ebay that fits the coby kyros quite nicely. The only thing you would need to do is modify/cut holes for the speaker, usb host, and hdmi port because those are covered. The back and home buttons are covered but you can still press them through the case. Also, the stylus is covered but you can slide the cover back at bit.

Heres the link...Only 4.59 free shipping + a free screen protector

Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 Silicon Case +Screen Protector - eBay (item 130482951644 end time Mar-06-11 07:16:38 PST)

rc748

Feb 4, 2011
I did have a hard time finding a simple case for it as I like to put in a sleeve and then put it in my bookbag, purse, locker, whatever. However, found a small company that makes a pretty good case for this unit and sells them for only $7.95 with free freight at Nuvo-Tek.com.
By the same token, if anyone knows of where I can buy a good hard case (not a soft onw) that is not too expensive, please let me know.

cupstack

Jan 28, 2011
It may not be a true skin, but the case I have been using for the last month is by M-Edge for a Kindle. All buttons are easily accessible, zips closed on three side, has a front zippered pocket and a back pocket, it does not allow to hear the speaker well (but i don't have a use for the speaker that much). It can be gotten from BestBuy ( and probably other places as well) - SKU is 1268972 - about $35. This case has worked well for me.

M-Edge Accessories - Latitude Jacket for Amazon Kindle - Black - AK3-Z1-C-B

eulogy69

Mar 15, 2011
check out the belkin case on amazon for the galexy tab its $9 and it fits the kyros very nice and its padded sturdy and looks awsome its a zippered sleave

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

infrared

May 27, 2011
errrk........I posted this in the wrong category keyboard/cases, so duplicate here.

Has anybody tried the Incipio Samsung Galaxy Tab kickstand. It looks like the dimensions with the 7015 are pretty close.

Incipio Samsung Galaxy Tab Premium Kickstand Nylon Case.

SA-136a%20copy.jpg

Addenda: Never mind. I took the plunge and ordered. Will post the results. The dimensions are pretty close, it might take a little shoehorning.

4.8 x 0.5 x 7.5 inches - kyros
4.7 x 0.5 x 7.5 inches - tab

infrared

May 27, 2011
Just received the Incipio case kickstand for the Samsung Galaxy Tab which accomodates the 7015 perfectly with one small exception. There is a small tab on one side which needs to be bent down or surgically removed. I chose the 'bend down' option and the Kyros slides in and out with great ease, It is a stylish looking case with viewing angles for type or view (2). There are indented slots in the case that it rests itself into. It is about $24 & change on Amazon here:Amazon.com: Incipio Premium Kickstand for Samsung Galaxy Tab - Light Gray (SA-137): Electronics

Including a few images I just shot of mine in use. I opted for the grey/sand color but black might have been a better choice to mask dirt.

IMG_0662.JPG

IMG_0661.JPG

IMG_0663.JPG

Last edited:

mrbean1957

Mar 28, 2011
I really like the case with the built-in keyboard. Nice quality and works perfect! It's worth the $30!