Coby Kyros MID7015 Question

Trauma

Dec 12, 2010
I am thinking of getting one of these for my wife and one for my daughter, all they really do is go on Facebook and Pogo.com, and I am wondering if it runs the Facebook "games" and the games on Pogo. I beleive they are flash and java based games. If so, i think this would be perfect for them both if it works

Trauma

Dec 12, 2010
Ok, thanks. I am new to tablets, and never really considered them before at all, so I have a few questions, sorry for sounding like a noob. I guess one is, can the OS be updated to the latest? A guy at work upgraded his Android phone with the latest version of Android, so is this tablet upgradable? Also, if I /root it, will it run the flash and java apps by alowing me to install different programs? I guess why Im asking this to is because I have a PSP that I am running homebrew on, and I sorta get the feeling that Android is the "same", open source idea. Or am I wrong? I just started researching this last night, so the more I learn the more questions I have. I dont really want to dish out more for a small netbook, because if this tablet can do the two things that I need, then I could save a few hundred dollars, since they dont do too much else on the computer anyway. The only think that I know for sure right now, is that I am getting one for myself:D, and then I can put the PSP away and stop looking like a kid with a handheld game device with me all the time:p

DaHanz

Aug 24, 2010
Some tablets are upgradable - some not.
It mostly depends on the availability of a customized version of Android for this tablets and if the tablet meets the hardware requirements of the higher version^^
If you take a very popular one, there is a higher chance to get newer versions programmed by the community because most manufacturers don't provide many updates for theirs china tablets...

garfieldltd

Dec 18, 2010
Hi,
I am a newbie to this forum and I've just bought a Coby Kyros at Kmart. It does not matter what I am doing at the time but the unit shuts itself off after 3 minutes. I've reset the unit by pressing the button on the back of the unit but nothing seems to work. I've also tried to update the firmware but the unit does not stay long enough for me to complete the task. Any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated.

Garfieldltd