Coby Kyros MID7033 Bricked

pp_eagle

Feb 23, 2013
Hello everybody and congratulations for this forum.

Yesterday I received a Coby Kyros MID7033 as a gift. I realized it didn't included Google Play,and I decided to google a bit, and try to install it.

I rooted the device successfully. And I made a romdump using ADB commands (and of course the romdump app).

However, I couldn't make Google Play work. It just started, and closed itself in a while.

Then, I realized that the internal SD card wasn't mounted, so I couldn't copy the desired apks through usb cable either. ;-(

Then, I made a big mistake. I copied the original file "framework-res.apk" from the save romdump to the device, and I forget to modify the file permissions. Since then, the device is bricked. It starts up, shows the Coby logo, but doesn't shows the Android logo. Just black screen.

I don't know how to restore the dumped stock rom files back to the device. I can't find a stock rom or custom rom valid for my MID7033 device.

I guess this might be fixed by installing an "update.zip" file in a external SD card or USB memory stick, and installing it from Factory Restore <e3>, but I haven't got any update.zip file, neither the knowledge to build it up.

Please, any help will be appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

pp_eagle

Feb 23, 2013
PS: by the way, first of all, I tried to install CWM recovery, with several methods, but I wasn't able to install it. (model not supported...). I am a little bit frustrated, I always try to prevent myself from these kind of things happening (ie bricking the device) but in this case, it happened. ;-(

Just in case that we were able to make the device work again, is there any way to install CWM recovery on it?

Thanks again.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
There's no CWM for the 7033. This also means that fixing your 7033 is pretty much impossible. You can try to create the update zip yourself using the 7048 update zip as a base and replacing all the system files in it with the ones you got from the dump, but that most likely won't work.

Your best option would be to exchange the tablet for a new one.

tallman

Oct 3, 2013
I might be able to help you if you just send romdump for mid7033 and I can take it from there