coby kyros mid7034 stock rom

sammyizimmy

May 5, 2014
Is there a stock rom available for the coby kyros mid7034? I must have messed something up because the software home button does not work.(Yes I know I was very stupid not to make a backup) I am pretty sure a dump of the system partition would do.

Thanks.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi sammy, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets, and glad you got it working again.:eek:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
If you got everything working again, MAKE A BACKUP. Coby never made system images available, and with them out of business, none will be forthcoming. At the same time, see if you can do a ROM dump, because I don't believe there is a 7034 ROM dump in our collection.

Moved to Coby Generation 3, where other Coby users can chime in.

sammyizimmy

May 5, 2014
If you got everything working again, MAKE A BACKUP. Coby never made system images available, and with them out of business, none will be forthcoming. At the same time, see if you can do a ROM dump, because I don't believe there is a 7034 ROM dump in our collection.

Is there a tool or instructions to do a full rom dump? My rom is pretty customized already, I am making a dedicated kiwix reader but still would be happy to dump the rom.(It still might get somebody running if they bricked their device)

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Check the Development subforum of Coby Generation 3. As I mentioned yesterday, I moved your post there.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I couldn't remember if there was one or not. However, you still want to back up your tablet. Coby had a nasty habit of changing device components inside the case, and having a backup guarantees the tablet will work correctly if it needs to be restored.