COBY KYROS MID9740 BOOTLOOP AND NOT DETECTED BY PC

Jeyemjeyes

Dec 29, 2014
My Coby Kyros MID9740 was in the boot loop state and I try the different key combinations to enter recovery mode but there's nothing happen, also, I connect my tablet to my computer but my computer can't detect it :( my tablet is rooted .
Please HELP me , what can I do ! :(

Last edited:

kevinthefixer

Developer
Feb 10, 2014
First make sure your tablet is off. Not sleeping, not in APX, but off. Holding the power button down for 10-15 seconds should force it off whatever mode it's in.

Which key combos did you use? the 9740 is not easy to get into recovery, the timing is critical. Make sure it's fully charged, then unplug the charger; for some reason nearly all tablets are reluctant to boot into recovery while charging. Press volume-down and power simultaneously for 1 second. If you see the Coby logo you waited too long, but it may go ahead and boot into recovery anyway, mine does sometimes. If not press and hold the same 2 keys until you do see the Coby logo; release power until you see the recovery, then release vol-. If you see the Android word centered in the screen you missed and will have to try again.

You say your tablet is rooted, do you have CWM recovery? That would make things much simpler...

Jeyemjeyes

Dec 29, 2014
First make sure your tablet is off. Not sleeping, not in APX, but off. Holding the power button down for 10-15 seconds should force it off whatever mode it's in.

Which key combos did you use? the 9740 is not easy to get into recovery, the timing is critical. Make sure it's fully charged, then unplug the charger; for some reason nearly all tablets are reluctant to boot into recovery while charging. Press volume-down and power simultaneously for 1 second. If you see the Coby logo you waited too long, but it may go ahead and boot into recovery anyway, mine does sometimes. If not press and hold the same 2 keys until you do see the Coby logo; release power until you see the recovery, then release vol-. If you see the Android word centered in the screen you missed and will have to try again.

You say your tablet is rooted, do you have CWM recovery? That would make things much simpler...
I don't have a CWM recovery sir. I tried many different key combos like holding the power and volume - button; power and volume + button; power, volume - and back key; power, volume + and back key, but there's nothing happen.

kevinthefixer

Developer
Feb 10, 2014
All I can say is keep trying. If you cannot get into recovery, and cannot aquire adb access, you may have to look for another tablet.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I don't have a CWM recovery sir. I tried many different key combos like holding the power and volume - button; power and volume + button; power, volume - and back key; power, volume + and back key, but there's nothing happen.
Turn off tablet, now press and release volume up + power, now hold volume up + power down til you see Coby boot screen now release power keep holding volume up.

sent from my kingSing T1 via taptalk