Coby MID7022-4G keeps waking up?

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
You need to keep wifi enabled in sleep (Advanced Wifi Lock Free) and not have it cut off if you want to stop screen waking up. It doesn't decrease battery that much as just normally in sleep the tablet would.

Jul 3, 2011
Like I wrote to someone with wake issues, mine also wanted to turn on by itself. I found that by turning off auto rotate before putting the tablet to sleep or down on the table, it fixed the random wakes and may help with anyone with lock ups. Anyway, that is what worked for me and my tablet. This tablet is VERY quirky when it comes to auto rotate.

BTW: I use the CurveFish widget to do this fast and easy.

I tried the CurveFish widget to turn off auto rotate but i had the same results (with advanced wifi lock disabled). Screen kept waking up. Do you have the android market app installed? I could have sworn the screen waking up was happening before i installed the android market but now i'm not sure. I might reset the tablet to factory default and try again.

Thanks for the input.

Jul 3, 2011
You need to keep wifi enabled in sleep (Advanced Wifi Lock Free) and not have it cut off if you want to stop screen waking up. It doesn't decrease battery that much as just normally in sleep the tablet would.

I've tried that before with leaving the advanced wifi lock on, i'll go to sleep and the tablet will have say 70 percent battery life and when i wake up and check the tablet it will be at around 30 percent battery life. I'll keep testing and trying different things. Not a huge deal but i think the draw to a tablet is not having to power down the tablet and just have it around for easy access to the internet without having to shut it down and restart it all the time. Hopefully there is a fix for this.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
I've tried that before with leaving the advanced wifi lock on, i'll go to sleep and the tablet will have say 70 percent battery life and when i wake up and check the tablet it will be at around 30 percent battery life. I'll keep testing and trying different things. Not a huge deal but i think the draw to a tablet is not having to power down the tablet and just have it around for easy access to the internet without having to shut it down and restart it all the time. Hopefully there is a fix for this.

I am not sure if you already said this but did you try airplane mode on then leave wifi on with advanced wifi lock?

Jul 3, 2011
I am not sure if you already said this but did you try airplane mode on then leave wifi on with advanced wifi lock?

I had tried airplane mode without advanced wifi lock on and it would still wake up. If i leave advanced wifi lock on screen won't wake up but if enable the wifi timeout
within the app then as soon as the timeout happens the screen will start to wake up.
One weird thing i noticed is i installed a GPS widget (even though the tablet does not have GPS) and it showed it was on.
I turned it off with the widget but later in the day the widget would show the GPS was on again. Might be something there.

penecow290

May 11, 2011
The waking up thing is an issue I haven't resolved yet. I can tell u how to get rid of the cell phone standby but this does break certain apps like HBO go. U have to b rooted but u go into system / apps/ I'm pretty sure n u have to delete telephony.apk and phone.apk in that order. It will cause a force close so u will have to reset the device immediately but once u do u will have fixed the problem. Takes a hour or two for it to show in spare parts.cm7 is stable but missing importance parts.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

I have superuser installed, I tried renaming the files and deleting them but I get a read only file system error message. What am I doing wrong?

jeromekobriger

Jul 15, 2011
I have superuser installed, I tried renaming the files and deleting them but I get a read only file system error message. What am I doing wrong?
You have to use Root Explorer (or similar) and make sure you're in r/w (read/write) mode, instead of just r/o (read only). In root explorer, there is a button at the very top to switch modes.

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011

You can use es explorer but you have to give it root permission first.
1. Start es explorer
2.press the menu button
3. Press settings
4. Scroll down until you see root settings then check the boxes in the root settings category.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

penecow290

May 11, 2011
It would not let me get root function using es explorer. I tried downloading another file explorer with root function it says I deleted the files but they still show in the directory. Any other advice? Is there a way to do this in Terminal Emulator?

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
It would not let me get root function using es explorer. I tried downloading another file explorer with root function it says I deleted the files but they still show in the directory. Any other advice? Is there a way to do this in Terminal Emulator?

Did you flash the superuser file?

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

penecow290

May 11, 2011
I didn't download root explorer because I don't feel like paying for the app. I find it weird that I can't just delete it in Terminal Emulator with root.