Coby Kyros 7127 Wakes up randomly???

jbaerbock

Jan 3, 2012
I have the Kyros 7127 and for whatever reason it decides to wake itself up every 5 minutes or so. When it does this I notice the wifi indicator on the top left goes from 1 bar to full then it turns itself back off. Sometimes I can turn airplane mode on and put it to sleep when on something other than the homescreen and it will stay asleep then. If I leave it on the home screen even with airplane mode on it still turns itself on every once in awhile.

Something that may or may not be related is that in the battery usage it says most of the battery drainage comes from Cell standby...which shouldn't be possible as it is wifi only. If this relates to the above or anyone has extra info on this as well I'd be grateful!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Check that you don't have it set to check your email every five mins. That may be the culprit.

jbaerbock

Jan 3, 2012
Found the answer. I was a bad human being and didn't do a full on search on the forum before posting :( lol. Anyway found others with the same model tablet and they had removed the telephony.apk and phone.apk apps from the tablet (wifi only anyway) and installed Advanced WiFi Lock Free. With both of these solutions it seems to be solved w00t!!

adrock

Jan 10, 2012
I dont know what firmware you have but on cm7 if you disable on-screen animations and enable the sleep toggle it will never wake up. works for my 7022.

shazzam.dow

Jan 26, 2012
where do you find the telephony.apk and phone.apk ? i got a 7127 and i have the problem with it waking up, i have rooted it and installed the android market on it any help would be great thanks

jbaerbock

Jan 3, 2012
I'd recommend installing root uninstaller. It will list them both and let you uninstall them from your device.

Sent from my MID7127 using Android Tablet Forum