Coby MID7022-4G keeps waking up?

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
I didn't download root explorer because I don't feel like paying for the app. I find it weird that I can't just delete it in Terminal Emulator with root.

Does ES explorer have root permission? To check start superuser then do you see ES explorer on the list?

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

penecow290

May 11, 2011
Does ES explorer have root permission? To check start superuser then do you see ES explorer on the list?

Yeah ES file explorer shows to have root permission via Superuser, but I cannot rename or delete either file.

delsolboyz

Jul 4, 2011
I got the force close error after i renamed the apk when i go to Settings>About device>Status. After i renamed back to the original filename, i no longer seeing that error anymore.

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
I got the force close error after i renamed the apk when i go to Settings>About device>Status. After i renamed back to the original filename, i no longer seeing that error anymore.
after you rename it restart tablet it will eventually go away

delsolboyz

Jul 4, 2011
Yes i did restart my tablet. I am getting an error when i go to Setting>About devices>Status. Not a big deal though as i want to save more battery life than that error popping up.

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Yes i did restart my tablet. I am getting an error when i go to Setting>About devices>Status. Not a big deal though as i want to save more battery life than that error popping up.

Im srry for not reading the post correcty i also have that same issue. To see the battery status i added a battery widget in the homescreen.

Sep 17, 2011
Confirmed Advanced Wifi Lock (free) stopped my tablet from waking every 30+ seconds or so when I locked it.

My 7022 is just rooted, with CWM installed, Google apps 3.1.x market etc, and launcher pro and ADW Launcher installed. I have made no other mods to this unit.

However this unit stock out of the box was doing the same thing so I do not think its app related as more a flaw in the power/network settings.

eruby

May 17, 2011
Looks like it's trying to check something online or just checking to see if wifi is connected. If i'm connected to wifi, no wake ups - though I have not stayed connected and idle for 20 minutes to allow the app to disconnect me. If wifi is not connected, I get a wake up every 60 seconds. It's almost like a background app is seeing no wifi and waking up the tablet to see if it will connect. This is just irritating. I have Battery Booster installed and I hoped it would stop this but no dice.

smalcom

Oct 15, 2011
I use Advanced WiFi Lock Free and it stops the flashing. The only problem is that when I try to use the browser, I forget that WiFi has been turned off. Pain in the butt, but I can live with it.

jbaerbock

Jan 3, 2012
I installed advanced wifi lock free and that along with using root uninstall to remove the telephony and phone system apps seems to have fixed the issue thus far. Thanks everyone for your help!!