Colby 9742 Problem (Mirrored)

Playa82

Dec 20, 2013
Hello Guys,

i got a big Problem with my tab. After i flashed this ROM yesterday:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-3-development/42314-9742-stock-custom-rom.html

I flashed this, cwm recovery -> 9742_Mobiz_V.2.zip -> 9742_boot.zip

Now the touch is mirrored. That means, when i touch the upper right corner, i actually press the lower left corner. I added 2 Pics, to seen what i mean. Same goes for unlock. I have to toch left to unlock the tab instead of right.

Can somebody help me please !

Thx $IMG_20131221_062347.jpg$IMG_20131221_062338.jpg

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I hope you made a system dump before you flashed the Mobiz ROM, because the solution to your problem requires it. If you didn't using one of the available 9742 dumps may work but is not guaranteed.

In short, unzip the dump and ROM. Copy the libs from the dump into the Mobiz ROM and zip up the Mobiz ROM. Then copy the new zip to the MicroSD and install. That should fix your issue.

P.S. I don't recall having to change the boot image when I did this, and don't believe you have to either. There should be no harm either way.

Last edited:

Playa82

Dec 20, 2013
Damn, i didnt made a dump before.

btw. you mean the whole lib folder, right ? Should i copy it and overwrite, or erase it and paste the dump lib ?

tried a few dumps from your thread, but it doesnt work. it hangs at the android boot animation...

Any other solutions or help ?

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Delete the existing lib folder and replace it with the one from the dump, but without a dump specific to your tablet you're screwed unless one of the existing dumps works.

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Consider this a lesson learned. With Coby out of business, there is no warranty on your tablet at all. Now, more than ever, people have to read the information we provide in the sticky posts, unless they want to be out the cost of the tablet.

5arid

Nov 30, 2013
Did you used LiveSuit too?
Or just copied the module files to system/vendor/modules?

Playa82

Dec 20, 2013
i used livesuit. but i copied no files. just add the custom rom image to livesuit and get your tab in the dl-mode the way it shows in the video. that really works like a chram. that was my last chance and it works now :)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Playa, congratulations on getting your tablet problem solved and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets.

BTW When you get a chance, please go to your profile and fill in the Tablet / Device entry. That way folks will know which tablet you have without you having to tell them every time.

gth826a

Jul 16, 2012
i used livesuit. but i copied no files. just add the custom rom image to livesuit and get your tab in the dl-mode the way it shows in the video. that really works like a chram. that was my last chance and it works now :)

Playa,

Where did you get your LiveSuit IMG file for the inverted (mirror) screen issue?
I used LiveSuit and now have the same issued.

Tablet: Coby Kyros MID9742 8gb

Thanks for any help,