9742 Stock and Custom ROM

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
We have a sticky thread full of them in this very forum. The boot.img is the kernel. The reason it was included is that the custom ROM was created using my dump, and it was thought having my kernel available would be a benefit. If you can get the tablet working, do not install that boot.img.

Since you apparently installed my kernel, rather than using this ROM you'll have to restore the entire dump first just to see if you can get this thing running. There is a link in the sticky thread which gives instructions on restoring from a dump. If one of the dumps resolves the display issue, then that dump is the one you use to modify this ROM.

R4ge

Sep 26, 2016
@Traveller god news :)... i flash the OndaVi40v3TNTv9 with livesuit, the bootloader change and won't start the recovery but the tablet start normally but i can't use, only start and i can see the screen xD... after that i flash the cfw_coby_9742_4.0.3_0.1 and the tablet back normal bootloader and recovery but can't star the screen again, some idea?! how can i decrypt the IMG file and what libs can change on the STOCK.zip :), i know don't support livesuit but help me to extract the files for my stock.zip

R4ge

Sep 26, 2016
@Traveller I GOT IT...

I did the impossible, I relived my tablet, and now has a superior performance:) ... whoever needs help can comment here and I will gladly guide you, the only thing wrong is that it was using livesuit. A taste, and many thanks, this forum helped me accomplish my goal. Regards... .
P.S. I can post my mail for contact?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
And now you know why we don't support Livesuite here.

Unless you want your email harvested by spambots, placing it in your post is not recommended. You should have an option on your profile page to enter that information.

R4ge

Sep 26, 2016
And now you know why we don't support Livesuite here.

Unless you want your email harvested by spambots, placing it in your post is not recommended. You should have an option on your profile page to enter that information.

i'm sorry xD... i used Livesuit to repair my tablet, i used a image from Mediox mid 9742 :), then i flash the CWM, and i update the CWM, i flash de gapps and all is ok :)

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Sometimes, there's little choice but to use Livesuite. It's the absolute last resort when you have nothing else to lose. Count your blessings however, as you're one of the lucky ones who managed to get Livesuite and ADB to play nice together long enough to get CWM installed.

pestanejando

Jul 14, 2016
Hello guys... I'd like to request your opinions and help on this one. My tablet got bricked. It gets to show the android logo, but it gets stuck on it. I also can see the files when starting on recovery mode. The problem is, I hadn't rooted it and didn't install the CW mod. And worse yet, I had factory reset it and forgot to put it back into developer mode, so I couldn't access with ADB or Fastboot. As a result, as far as I understood, it's not even possible to make a backup of my system. I even tried the LiveSuite, but the zip and img files I found weren't compatible with it. I thought of asking R4ge to help me get that ROM he found so I could try again. But, thinking again, I thought of asking first if there's any other alternative. Then... do I have any options available, besides LiveSuite, or do I have to resign to fate and try my luck with it?

R4ge

Sep 26, 2016
@pestanejando

1º Try a factory reset
2º In this forum you can find a fake_recovery and recovery_signed, you can flash the fake recovery with Stock recovery then flash the signed recovery :)....
3º Flash the 9742 stock.zip and tell us how it went

This forum doesn't support Livesuit, i did that because i know how, so if you are new on this i don't recomend.

if you speak spanish create a tread xD i speak spanish

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Gents, just a friendly reminder that all posts must be in English on this site. If you're going to post in Spanish, you need to post the translation as well, or your posts will be deleted.

pestanejando

Jul 14, 2016
Sorry for the late reply. I'm going to test this asap. I didn't have much time today. But, answering the questions:
1º - I tried the factory reset first thing after the brick... it shows that message about cache (can't load /cache/.... whatever), I just forgot to mention on the original post.That's the motive I wanted to install the CWM, for I read it can "hard format" the partitions (or so I read).

pestanejando

Jul 14, 2016
Reporting:

- I found the fake_recovery and the signed_recovery97. The fake recovery works just fine, and I can enter the CWM. From there I tried flashing the signed_recovery. It goes till the end, but when rebooted it goes back to the stock recovery. The cache keeps returning "unable to access /cache/recovery/last_install: read only file system".

- The 9742_stock.zip also flashed till the end, no errors. But now it doesn't boot to show the android logo... it remains on the COBY :/

- I tried formating cache. Didn't solve the problem.

- Tried the mobiz... Also didn't work.

As a note, I read somewhere else on the forum that Coby had put a nand lock on 9742 produced after 2013. I checked the board and it is writen "MID9742_MB_V03_120131" . This shouldn't be the case, then. Am I right?

Last edited: