Colby Kyros MID7120 - How do I add flash?

MIG

Nov 21, 2011
Hello to everyone. New to the furum as new to using a tablet yet alone the Kyros 7120. Im alittle upset and not happy:mad: with the table. The only happy part that it was a gift;), soon to be given away. I can't even play a flash video whether is from a movie or news (no flash player), second omg the Android Market is basically for Android phone. Not happy with that. I could go on n on.

So can some one please advice me on how can I installed atleast a (flash Player) amount other useful apps? I try the colbyusa
site for downloads and so on, but would you believe the model MID7120 is not listed:(.

Sorry for the long post.

Please advice

Thanks
MIG

RonErgen

Nov 21, 2011
hi mig i woul appreciaste if when you find some answers to you questions about your 7120 that you would pass them onto me . i have a 7016 with same ptoblems it may be easier to email me to [email protected] i have another tablet but sure a e njoyimg tnhe limited use i have with the coby unit and if i could improve it id like it alot more . hey ioit didnt cosdt that much compared to other units so i will try to get better asi learn my way around with it . good luck please be in touch . i need all the help i can get Bye for now. Ron

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Mig, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new tablet. Sorry to hear you're not happy with it. I'm moving your thread to the Coby Generation 2 section of the forum to see if anyone can help you sort out the problems you're having with it.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Ron, welcome to Android Tablets. As I mentioned to Mig, I'm moving this discussion over to the Coby section of the forum. While you're there, you might want to read the existing threads to find out a little about what's being done with those tablets.

thejoshquinn

Nov 22, 2011
I just got the 7120 as well thats why i joined this site haha, im trying to find a flash player .apk so i can try and run it on the tablet and see what i can do. :confused:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
You have to find this info:
- Processor CPU
- Android OS version
- RAM (memory)

MIG

Nov 21, 2011
Colby Kyros MID7120

Android version 2.3.3
Kernel version 2.6.35.7-tcc

Build# MID7120

hello I want to install the Adobe Media Flash Player on my table to watch. Any suggested

Thank you

MIG

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Without the processor, it's hard to tell... You may go to FreewareLovers.com and look for a Flash version. If none work, problably your processor isn't supported and you will have to look for a patched version for ARM11 or ARM9.

MIG

Nov 21, 2011
Ifom: How do I found out about the processor? please advice. thanks

tekblade

Dec 1, 2011
Coby Kyros MID7120 info:
Telechips MID7120 may provide more info when googling.
Using sysinfo on the device returns the following info:
Processor: Armv6 compatible processor rev 6 (v6l) 720Mhz
Android version: 2.3.3
Kernal version: 2.6.35.7-tcc

I have tried several methods to root this device, and I am yet unsuccessful.
I have tried to install several flash builds of arm6 compatible flash 10.3, 10.2 and 10.1, but none are detected by any sites running flash when I use dolphin browser.
I also try whatismyflash.com from dolphin browser and no flash is detected there either.

If there is other valuable info from the sysinfo tool, please let me know and I'll reply with that info.
If I can get flash running then I can let my son use it for his school reading and math websites...

Thank you in advance for any help getting flash running on this device or rooting it.

MIG

Nov 21, 2011
IFOM: This is the information I have of my tablet

colby kyros 7120

Processor- 800 MHz

RAM 256 MB

Operating System - Android 2.3

Touchscreen - 7.0 in. WVGA (800x480)

Touch Type -Resistive

Architecture- Telechips (ARM11)

Processor- 800 MHz

RAM 256 MB

Storage -(Internal) 4GB

Storage (Expandable) -Up to 16GB, microSD

Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g

Audio (Out) - Stereo Speakers & 3.5mm headphone

Audio (In) - Internal Microphone

Cameras- Front Facing (VGA 0.3MP)

Ports -USB 2.0 , mini HDMI (1080P or 720P)

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
I think that is the information lfom was looking for, so let's see what he has to add to this when he has a chance to see it. I would expect the other thread to be closed to avoid confusion as this one has a lot more replies and information being shared. :)

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Looks like you're in the same boat as 7012 folks: what works for them should work for 7120 and vice-versa. So far, no luck...