connect GPS to Kyros 7015

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
there is no gps radio. the only microsdio card that was a gps is roughly US$80 refurbished.

travboy

Feb 27, 2011
So if you root the 7015 and install adroid market you won't be able to use google maps? Is that correct?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
You can use maps, just not the navigation activity.

Sent from my MID7015A using Tapatalk

code347

Feb 4, 2011
I have a USB GPS Antenna. I wonder if I can get it working with this tablet...I will try when I get home tonight.

code347

Feb 4, 2011
I have two different GPS antennas, one is USB (Ambicom) and the other is accessed via bluetooth connection. I have not tried to fiddle with connecting a USB Bluetooth yet.

My question has to do with the Ambicom USB GPS Antenna. Will the Kryos need a driver for this to work? If so, how can I get into the device to work with Maps and Navigation?

Or does anyone know if there is an app with these or similar drivers wrapped in the software?

I would like to work on getting this working...any one have a clue where to begin?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Plug it in and see if it works?
Failing that, check google.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Jason1

Mar 2, 2011
Hey did you have any luck with that? Let me know. I'd like to try something similar...

Jason1

Mar 2, 2011
Just wondering if anyone has tried connecting the 7015 to a usb GPS? If so, how do i do it and with what software? Which GPS works best?
Any help would be appreciated...

greg g

Mar 10, 2011
Has anyone figured a way to connect a GPS sensor to this device? My sensor is a Navibe 720gm

greg g

Mar 10, 2011
Let me know or post an update if you have any luck. I also am trying to find a way to use a usb gps sensor

Jason1

Mar 2, 2011
OR possibly a way to make this thing Bluetooth ready and then use a bluetooth GPS? Please help!

iridiu192

Apr 6, 2011
hi. i am buying a coby MID7010-4g.

i am also interested to know if the tablet can be made to work with GPS navigation software.
i consider only 2 options to receive GPS data:
* from a BT device (over USB/BT adapter) or
* directly from a USB - GPS device.

there is another option, to use a SD GPS card, but i don't think this is an option.

please post here if anyone have successfully done this.

thank you!