Connect to Computer via usb

Billaboard

Sep 10, 2011
I'm still trying to understand this tablet running Android 2.2. It has an adapter to provide 2 usb sockets and a network port.

The software includes ES File Explorer, and if I plug in a usb stick with Windows files on it, I can see the files. The tablet makes a noise to indicate that the usb is connected.

I have purchased an A to A usb cable and have connected the tablet to a Windows 7 computer. There is no noise from the tablet to indicate the connection has done anything, and the tablet doesn't appear in the PC's list of directories. The PC doesn't appear in ES File Explorer.

I have checked the usb cable and it is wired pin 1 to 1, 2 to 2, 3 to 3 and 4 to 4. I have searched on the internet without finding cable details.

I have followed the instruction book, which says I should get a notification with usb connections, but have never seen any notification.

Is there any guidance anywhere for this?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
The notification is subtle, to say the least. Take the tablet and plug the USB cable in, and plug the other end into your PC. Now, you didn't specify what tablet you have, so either swipe down from the top, or if it is Honeycomb look at the bottom. You should see either a little bug-like icon or the USB symbol. Touch that and it will give a screen that says connect via USB. Activate that and you SHOULD now see it starting to connect to your PC.

Androidicus

Sep 4, 2011
You might need to install USB drivers on your PC to get the devices to interface with one another.

The only other thing to be aware of is most Android devices will only read other devices that use FAT32 formatting vs. NTSF that Windows uses.

Sent from my wwe10 using Android Tablet Forum

Billaboard

Sep 10, 2011
It's a WonderMedia WM 8650 running Android 2.2. I can pull down Notifications from the top or get to them via the Menu, but see no notifications, and can't see any USB indications anywhere.
I have tried with the USB debugging on and off. (the little green tick is presumably on when darker green and off when faded green).

On the PC, I've gone into Device Manager and looked at devices by connection. It's a laptop and the only usb devioce there is the laptop camera. Nothing else appears. I've tried different usb sockets. The thumb drive that is seen iby both the laptop and the tablet is 4 gigs FAT32.

dmfabri

Sep 19, 2011
I had to install driver, usbdriver.zip, and android-sdk for windows, Download android-sdk r12-windows.zip
Then I used ADB commands to sideload. I am experimenting, but I have sideloaded apps and epub books so far. Next I will see if I can get my pc (windows xp pro 32bit) to see the android file system via usb.
My android tablet is actually a Nook Color. The honeycomb os is booted from my uSD card that I copied the image onto.

vkspic

Aug 13, 2012
I had to install driver, usbdriver.zip, and android-sdk for windows, Download android-sdk r12-windows.zip
Then I used ADB commands to sideload. I am experimenting, but I have sideloaded apps and epub books so far. Next I will see if I can get my pc (windows xp pro 32bit) to see the android file system via usb.
My android tablet is actually a Nook Color. The honeycomb os is booted from my uSD card that I copied the image onto.

i want to try these softwares, but i want to know other thing.
i have an Y usb cable which comes with my portable hdd. may i able to use this cable with these drivers or not?

as i have already tries to use the cable without any drivers previously, but i found nothing. :(

vkspic

Aug 13, 2012
The notification is subtle, to say the least. Take the tablet and plug the USB cable in, and plug the other end into your PC. Now, you didn't specify what tablet you have, so either swipe down from the top, or if it is Honeycomb look at the bottom. You should see either a little bug-like icon or the USB symbol. Touch that and it will give a screen that says connect via USB. Activate that and you SHOULD now see it starting to connect to your PC.

Sir, i have tried several times as directed by you but to no avail. what to do? which type of usb cable should be used pls specify for WM8650, Android 2.2,

Waiting for reply,

thanx