Connect USB card reader to Android tablet (Flytouch 3) -Is it possible

mini998

Apr 7, 2011
Hi all ,

This may sound really stupid to some of you but I cannot find any concrete info on this .

Is it possible to connect a usb memory card reader to a Android tablet (Flytouch 3 in my case) and read XD or SDHC cards? Or connect a Canon 600D via USB to view photos?

I want to view photos from my DSLR while on move ,My camera uses SDHC card .This is the only reason for my purchase.

Thanks in advance

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
Hi all ,

This may sound really stupid to some of you but I cannot find any concrete info on this .

Is it possible to connect a usb memory card reader to a Android tablet (Flytouch 3 in my case) and read XD or SDHC cards? Or connect a Canon 600D via USB to view photos?

I want to view photos from my DSLR while on move ,My camera uses SDHC card .This is the only reason for my purchase.

Thanks in advance

Just try it yourself. One plugging in, open "My Pad" to see if your card can be recognized as an USB drive or not. It will show automatically if it worked. This plug-in will not kill you USB flash card in any way unless you accidentally bent the connection, etc.

It should not be a problem to recognize as a USB card. However not sure about Cannon SDHC card. Not because SDHC card itself, it is Cannon may place additional software patches that can not be recognized. You have to try it yourself.

Last edited:

mini998

Apr 7, 2011
Just try it yourself. One plugging in, open "My Pad" to see if your card can be recognized as an USB drive or not. It will show automatically if it worked. This plug-in will not kill you USB flash card in any way unless you accidentally bent the connection, etc.

I'm sorry i wasn't clearer in my post.

I haven't bought the Flytouch 3 yet (Just about to) , If this is not possible it will be a waste for me .

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
I plugged in an USB flash drive, an USB 0.5 TB (FAT32) external hard drive, a flash card reader (micro SD + others), a regular keyboard and a regular mouse. They all worked. I did not try a camera flash drive. You may have to wait for others to give an answer.

MiscroSd card to MicroSD port worked.

FT3's MiniHDMI slot to LCD TV's HDMI port with a proper cord/connector (buy it from EBay or Amazon. I have a Belkin one). It is used to see videos and such. I did not try viewing photos. I will edit the post if I find it worked. OfficeSuite presentation or PDF reading did not work on HDMI connection however (future firmware hopefully).

Last edited:

mini998

Apr 7, 2011
Thanks maildrop,

If I can view photos through a Flash card reader (removing the SDHC card from camera ),that's more than enough for me. My card is a normal Trancend class 10 card ,So there is no canon specific HW in this card.