gps to 7022 by any means

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Uninstall one time init, google services framework, and setup wizard then install these files from the zip and restart tablet. After you restart install maps then start navigation, make sure your wifi bar is green that will tell you that the latest service framework is working. here is the link to car panel http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35678717/CarHomeGoogle.apk if this apk does not install then sign it with zipsigner2 with the mode set to platform

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
Well I did all of that, everything installed fine. But when I tried the navigation with GPS Tether on, it finds the location perfectly, but in maps, car panel, and latitude they all forced closed and I got the message, " The application maps (process com.google.android.apps.maps) has stopped unexpectedly.". Voice search works in the navigation, but doesn't from the google search bar. The new google services framework works because the wifi is green. Any more thoughts?

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Well I did all of that, everything installed fine. But when I tried the navigation with GPS Tether on, it finds the location perfectly, but in maps, car panel, and latitude they all forced closed and I got the message, " The application maps (process com.google.android.apps.maps) has stopped unexpectedly.". Voice search works in the navigation, but doesn't from the google search bar. The new google services framework works because the wifi is green. Any more thoughts?

Do you have Root if so replace your old com.google.apps.maps with this one http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35678717/com.google.android.maps.jar in system>framework hope this will fix it. Sorry I can't test this because I can't go further then Waiting for GPS since I don't have an android device with GPS.

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
So do I use root explorer and copy them over to the system tab, any particular sub folder?

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
When it unzipped, it created a folder named system, with app and lib subfolders, and META-INF folder, can I copy that whole folder, or just the apps in it? If its just the apps, do I need to delete anything first or will it just replace what's already there?

Last edited:

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
So do I use root explorer and copy them over to the system tab, any particular sub folder?

Just put the folders etc and framework inside the system folder and let it replace all the files then restart tablet

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
thanks for the help but I give up at least I do have the voice search functionality kinda working at least it works in navigation and with swype, but navigation still force closes when you attempt to navigate.

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
I wish I'd known how much stuff I've done and redone or I could know and start from scratch but I'm not sure what is workimg and what isn't

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
Just put the folders etc and framework inside the system folder and let it replace all the files then restart tablet

I'm going to try one more time because I really like the Google maps navigation on my Evo, but I'd rather use my 7022 because of its bigger screen.

Last edited:

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
Well I tried again, but still no go on the maps and navigation. I need someone a lot smarter than myself to figure this out.