Couple of issues..

Dtdave

Mar 9, 2013
Just a couple of issues I hope that can be sorted in the settings, the first is a too sensitive screen when scrolling, when I'm scrolling through websites etc instead of gracefully moving the page in the direction I need wherever my finger touches on the screen it either opens up the link its on or triggers the zoom feature. I've had a go on my wife's Kindle Fire and it works fine so I think my fingers are working as intended.
The other problem is the web browser randomly shuts down, after re opening it a few times it loses all the tabs I have opened and I have to start my searches again. Would using the Chrome app work better

Dave

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Just a couple of issues I hope that can be sorted in the settings, the first is a too sensitive screen when scrolling, when I'm scrolling through websites etc instead of gracefully moving the page in the direction I need wherever my finger touches on the screen it either opens up the link its on or triggers the zoom feature. I've had a go on my wife's Kindle Fire and it works fine so I think my fingers are working as intended.
The other problem is the web browser randomly shuts down, after re opening it a few times it loses all the tabs I have opened and I have to start my searches again. Would using the Chrome app work better

Dave

I use chrome browser, works well for me but I don't get any crashes with stock browser though.

Dtdave

Mar 9, 2013
I don't care for them, but you might like them. The pen should make your touch 100% accurate.

I think there must be something wrong as the stylus doesn't work either.
On the Draw Something app if I run the stylus over the page it comes up as a dotted line instead of a continuous one, so when I'm scrolling the screen its taking my swipe as a tap.

I think an email to the supplier is needed t see what can be done.

drcrash

Mar 8, 2013
Are you using the power supply that came with the a2109, plugged into the wall (not a DC to AC inverter)?

Out of spec power can apparently cause touchscreen weirdness.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
My thought is that the stylus is a rubber tipped one which would also cause skipping on some screens.

Dtdave

Mar 9, 2013
Are you using the power supply that came with the a2109, plugged into the wall (not a DC to AC inverter)?

Out of spec power can apparently cause touchscreen weirdness.

Yes its the charger that came in the box.
The stylus works OK with the Kindle.

beto_nl

Apr 18, 2013
Just got my A2109 a couple of hours ago...

Updated to Jelly Bean (OTA), installed some apps and disabled some bloatware

I cannot reproduce any of the issues you mentioned
Think about the possibility of a hardware related problem before trying to mask an issue with a Stylus and stuff like that

By the way, I didn't expect these device being so good with such a low price !
That's some good buy !