Creating a Backup of Original Stock

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
Is there any procedure or step-by-step tutorial on how to create the original stock and not the one from downloads here or anywhere on the net?

I'm planning to backup the original stock on my second A500 Tablet before installing new ROM of my choice and if in any case I want to revert it back to its original state, I can installing it back the way it was.

Thanks in advanced to all will reply.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Check over on the XDA.DEVELOPERS.COM forums.
I think there is a backup software available, and they have zips of all the releases so you don't have to save your own copy.

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
tnx ice, already known that.

what i want to know is how to make or create it so i can do it by myself.

danielg5

May 3, 2011
Hello. You can use "Acer Recovery Installer". It is free on the Android Marketplace, and it will make a full backup of your system, including the recovery image. It will also install Clockwork Recovery, and it has a number of custom ROMs that you can install. It makes it pretty easy.

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
I've been doing that to my current A500 Tablet every time I changed ROM's.

Thank you.

2mysubb.gif

My A500 Rocks!
Ex-Taboonay v2.0
Ex-Thor Transformer Revolver 3.5 Port v4.1
Ex-Taboonay 2.1 & 2.2 ROMs
Currently using Thor Rom V9

Last edited:

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
So then why did you ask the question?

I suppose to get you and me "all het up about it." I suppose he wants a "one button solution" so that if he roots his tablet and bricks it in the process, he would be able to crawl back to one of his earlier versions with his tail between his legs. (tongue in cheek).

I think the rooting of tablets is a very complex procedure - and potentially hazardous and unstable.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I think the rooting of tablets is a very complex procedure - and potentially hazardous and unstable.

And yet, that's the first thing many new tablet owners want to do.