Cruz eReader R103 wont mount internal micro SD card!

Jan 3, 2011
Hello all, first off thanks for all the great posts on this site. I am not a noob to the android community as I own a Eris and a DInc, but I am new to the Android Tablet world. I recently bought a Velocity Micro Cruz eReader R103 at Best Buy for $99 + tax and I am thoroughly impressed except for one small issue.

I have updated to the modified machocruz rom, rooted with adb, and installed and set-up SetCPU profiles.

The problem I am having is that I cannot seem to get the microSD 4gb card to recognize or mount, I have searched high and low on many forums, but to no avail have I found anyone running into this issue. I have tried the micro SD card in multiple computers through card readers, I have tried different micro SD cards in the internal slot and various other techniques, but I cannot seem to get the internal micro sd card slot to recognize. Could someone please help me or point me in the right direction for fixing this problem? Or is this an internal hardware problem with the device and must I return the R103 to Best Buy for a new one???

Thanks in advance,
Dono_T

Jan 3, 2011
Worked thanks to giga! All you need to do is reformat with a partitioning program and follow his apps to sd instructions: h t t p : / / w w w . s l a t e d r o i d . c o m / i n d e x . p h p ? t o p i c = 1 4 0 8 5 . 0

akidmtco

Feb 2, 2011
Dtrain, I'm having the same problem. Tried multiple micro sd cards in the internal mounting spot and none of them are recognized. The link you posted is no longer valid so could you describe how you fixed it?
Thanks!!

May 28, 2011
I am having problems with my pasword it wont let me get on the internet, I frankly dont uinderstand all this things one has to do in order to use this Tablet, its very confusing and I have yet to get help from here.If someone does know please let me know where i can go to learn how to use my Cruz103, Im totally lost....please help me...Thanks with all my heart! Wanda marchant.