Trouble with Aldiko Ereader

craigievar

Feb 17, 2011
Hi Guys/Gals
Am having trouble importing epub files into my Cruz which I just picked up yesterday. I usually figure problems out but cannot get this one.

Here's my problem installed Aldiko on my cruz then loaded an epub file on my external SD card in a folder Ebooks asked Aldiko to find the file but it could not. Went into ASTRO on my cruz brought up SD card external clicked on the file and got the answer "file type Epub not found". What am I doing wrong the file is Epub not converted to Epub but original. Been goggling and trying to fix for last 8 hours so any help would be gratefully accepted

fbales

May 5, 2010
I'm having the same problem, but I think you're supposed to put the ebooks in the folder calld "books" on the INTERNAL SD card. Either way, I can't get mine to open.

Frank

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Have you tried another reader to see if the same thing happens?

Sent from my incredible using Android Tablet Forum

tlspencer

Dec 30, 2010
Laputa is a good one, I've found I like it better than Aldiko. I have it on my Motorola Droid cellphone and my Cruz Reader.

squirrel2019

Mar 7, 2011
You have to put the books into the import folder which is in the ebook folder. The program will import from there.

paulmicro

May 26, 2011
Yes, the epubs have to be in the folder called "books"...
I wanted to add that if you have a problem with alkido not remembering your library, try an older version. I did and
it works fine. Version 2.0 didn't work for me, but one of the earlier ones was just fine.
Um...that should be Aldiko! I'll get it right one day!

Last edited: