Curtis Klu LT7208 Firmware update ?

Jennyblock

Mar 26, 2011
Hello I have a Curtis Klu LT7208 Android Tablet and I love it, but wondering how to update the firmware from 2.1 to 2.2.

Has anyone else done this and if so how ????

Thx !:)

pentane

Mar 27, 2011
Hello I have a Curtis Klu LT7208 Android Tablet and I love it, but wondering how to update the firmware from 2.1 to 2.2.

Has anyone else done this and if so how ????

Thx !:)
Jenny, I would wait just a bit. I used an apad710_froyo_v3.img file and it works but it kills your micro sd card and creates problems with browser. I would like to ask you to create a back up .img of your current build because I would like to revert to 2.1 until things get sorted out for this tablet.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Is this a Rockchip RK2818 tablet?

The firmware seems to be compatible for the most part right now across different models.

pentane

Mar 27, 2011
xaueious, the curtis sure is but I have tried several different .img files each have some small issue, some lose the touch screen, some microsd card, some the USB. I liked the basic unit but wanted market and some of the other features of Adroid 2.2 froyo but couldn't find a build that exactly matched my unit and provided full functionality. I really do not have time to experiment to much but did try 5 image files will various degrees of success. Unit is very close to the COBY and Eglide but not exact match leading to small issues. I would really apprieciate your help but at this point willing to go back to 2.1 and swallow my pride.

torontorob

Apr 15, 2011
I bought this from Tigerdirect a week ago and was very dissapointed at first. Nevermind the lack of Android Market. It would turn on and shut down by itself, sometimes refuse to turn on unless plugged in to a computer, and many downloaded APKs didn't want to work. I honestly thought of returning it until I found out it had a firmware upgrade.

With the upgrade almost all of the issues are resolved, only major caveat is the battery will read 90% and then jump to 4% or will read 100% for 2 hours of use. The update DOES NOT bring it up to 2.2 however it does bring native Google app support such as Gmail, Maps, and the big one Android Market.

The firmware update can be found at Manuals -- CURTIS INTERNATIONAL under the Tablet section. It isn't the easiest install but it gives clear instructions including graphics, requires a PC however. I had to borrow my brothers PC as there was no way of doing the update on a Mac.

I hope this helps everyone!

waybrane

Dec 22, 2012
so i didn't see where anyone said how this is done? lol, sorry but i've got an update and i want to apply it; to see if will do any better. without the update i'm applying, can anyone tell me where the original .img file is or do i have to create it or is it done thru a particular program? i have odin, which works great but i don't know if i can use it. pls, be patient, a noob at this, would appreciate all the help i can get. eventually i want to root my tablet to be able to get simple things like google market and java, which i believe will solve most of my issues. my girlfriend just wants to play pogo online scrabble and big fish games (HOG) and maybe skype and youtuve videos and netflix, nothing major, in my opinion. thx for ur time! have a great day! :)