Klu by Curtis International LT8025 8" Tablet

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks to tipstir - http://tipstir.the-talk.net/t2992-big-lot-s-has-the-curtis-klu-lt8025-for-14999

Klu by Curtis International LT8025 8" Tablet has been identified as missing member of the infoTM family of tablets. Now the family is complete with 7", 8" & 10".

$infoTM.JPG

infoTMIC Home >> Products & Services>> Tablet PC

All share the same programming issues so collaboration to fix the annoyances would be beneficial as the 8" device is still running Android 2.1, no update to 2.2 identified yet.

Identified hardware versions -

hwver=0.7.1.5
hwver=0.7.3.1

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2011
Thanks to tipstir - Big Lot's has the Curtis KLU LT8025 for $149.99

Klu by Curtis International LT8025 8" Tablet has been identified as missing member of the infoTM family of tablets. Now the family is complete with 7", 8" & 10".

View attachment 2320

infoTMIC Home >> Products & Services>> Tablet PC

All share the same programming issues so collaboration to fix the annoyances would be beneficial as the 8" device is still running Android 2.1, no update to 2.2 identified yet.

Identified hardware versions -

hwver=0.7.1.5
hwver=0.7.3.1

I have this device and it's quite good - I also seem to be one of the lucky few that has a flashable recovery image...that is to say, the Three Finger Recover works for me. (Although after I did it, my wireless driver stopped loading. Still working on that one.)

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
the Three Finger Recover works for me. (Although after I did it, my wireless driver stopped loading. Still working on that one.)

You might want to try the fixes for WiFi described in this post - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...resources-synet7lp-sytabex7-disgo-6000-a.html

Updated WiFi driver -
The tablet has a Ralink Tech Inc. RT2870 Chipset Based USB Wireless Adapter. It's the Wi-Fi Networking 802.11x device built in to the hardware. Just like a Wi-Fi adapter in a computer it uses a driver which can be updated by replacing the binary file possibly providing better performance.

The Linux RT2870 driver is /etc/firmware/rt2870.bin and the Configuration File is /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA/RT2870STA.dat

To replace the existing driver "rt2870.bin" download the latest version of the firmware for rt2870 on Ralink Web site - RT2870_Firmware_V22.

Copy/paste the rt2870.bin firmware using RootExplorer and reboot or through adb commands

Code:
C:\>adb push rt2870.bin /system/etc/firmware 
C:\>adb reboot
Once device is back on go to Wi-Fi setting > Wi-Fi and uncheck then re-check and scanning returned.

RT2870 Wireless Lan Linux Driver ReadMe document

Auto-connect/Power saving WiFi
User's have reported that WiFi autoconnect started working when configuration file "/etc/Wireless/RT2870STA/RT2870STA.dat" was modified.

Using 'RootExplorer' select the file with a long press that will open a menu, choose 'Open in text editor' and change the "TxPower" value from 100 to 20.

Code:
TxPower=20
20 TxPower is reported to run much cooler and provide better performance. 100 TxPower is reported as meaning 100%.

Apr 25, 2011
You might want to try the fixes for WiFi described in this post - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...resources-synet7lp-sytabex7-disgo-6000-a.html

Updated WiFi driver -
The tablet has a Ralink Tech Inc. RT2870 Chipset Based USB Wireless Adapter. It's the Wi-Fi Networking 802.11x device built in to the hardware. Just like a Wi-Fi adapter in a computer it uses a driver which can be updated by replacing the binary file possibly providing better performance.

The Linux RT2870 driver is /etc/firmware/rt2870.bin and the Configuration File is /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA/RT2870STA.dat

To replace the existing driver "rt2870.bin" download the latest version of the firmware for rt2870 on Ralink Web site - RT2870_Firmware_V22.

Copy/paste the rt2870.bin firmware using RootExplorer and reboot or through adb commands

Code:
C:\>adb push rt2870.bin /system/etc/firmware 
C:\>adb reboot
Once device is back on go to Wi-Fi setting > Wi-Fi and uncheck then re-check and scanning returned.

RT2870 Wireless Lan Linux Driver ReadMe document

Auto-connect/Power saving WiFi
User's have reported that WiFi autoconnect started working when configuration file "/etc/Wireless/RT2870STA/RT2870STA.dat" was modified.

Using 'RootExplorer' select the file with a long press that will open a menu, choose 'Open in text editor' and change the "TxPower" value from 100 to 20.

Code:
TxPower=20
20 TxPower is reported to run much cooler and provide better performance. 100 TxPower is reported as meaning 100%.

Thanks so much for this! I tried it out with no success, however. I was able to replace the firmware file with no issue, but still no wireless. I'm not loading the driver for some reason - it has to be a permissions or software issue since it was working fine prior to the reflash...