Curtis klu LT8025

jonnwitt

Jun 21, 2012
Like many of you, I purchased an LT8025 from Big Lots in April 2011.

It worked fine until early 2012. My issue was the hanging boot screen.

Curtis allowed me to pay the $44 and ship in my old unit.

Expecting to receive my original unit repaired by Hyper Microsystems, I was actually mailed a brand new unit from Canada.

On the day of receipt, I was happy and thrilled beyond belief to have gotten back my toilet/bedtime PDF reader/SSh client (I know, TMI, but it is what it is!)

Six hours later after a full battery charge, this day became the worse of nightmares.

The new tablet had the exact same problem as my original unit.

Fast forwarding to today, Curtis told me that I would be sent another unit. Of course at this point I expressed my desires for a refund, however as a reseller of goods, I do understand their position and I am willing to accept their make-good.

So anyway, back to today, I decided to see if I could flash my unit, based on the info in this thread to get a working device.

Allow me to say that, I am in need of the 0.7.3.1 version.

I attempted the WWE08B_Android-2.1_0.7.1.5_v5full.ius image.

On the first try, I had placed my microSD card in the second slot from the top.

At the end of the flash, I received a notification that the flash had completed, but the file system could not be written.

I tried again, this time placing the microSD in the top slot. This time I saw something about ...being written to U0...and later a message saying that the file system had been successfully written.

I tried to reboot, and still the system would hang at the Infotmic logo screen, however the numbers, bottom right did reflect my efforts.

I then tried the POWER + HOME + ESCAPE boot method going to the count down screen and then hit the HOME + ESCAPE again, and for the first time I saw a message, ...retrieving image...

Next I was taken to a new error message saying the file system is foo bar specifically zSYS.img.

Now, I am done!

I am a tech dude for over 25 years, but this is too much.

I mean not bash any company or product, however, if I may say:

Big Lots formerly Pic N Save deals in closed lots, bargain goods that are no longer being manufactured or supported.

Curtis only seems to brand goods manufactured abroad.

Curtis has stated in the manual, that they are no longer putting any effort into this device.

Curtis replaced my $160 purchase for $44 and are shipping a third unit, free of cost.

Based on the burn.ini file information hints, the fact that the 0.7.3.1 image isn't floating around yet, and the fact that a brand new unit behaves as my original, I believe there may be a major, significant flaw with this unit.

Congratulations to those of you who have had success and good look to those of you that may a have a bit more patience than I.

Perhaps I will post an update on the new unit due in about 2 weeks from now.

Until then, I am done!

Thank you for the Forum and contributors.

Cheers!

Last edited:

rwjvh2009

Jun 26, 2012
I just got one of the 8025 tablets and if someone can tell me how to get the firmware image i will gladly post it here
then maybe someone could figure out how to update it

amandavail

Dec 10, 2012
If anyone has the firmware image they could upload i would be forever greatful! I purchased this tablet for my son's christmas. The only thing he asked for this year, and its completely blank. NO OS at all. I need the factory firmware so i can install it. Anyone out there that has a working Klu, could you pretty please upload the firmware, I have searched for compatible ones for 4 days. My little guy really deserves this! Thank you in advance

majarch

Dec 28, 2012
I got the Klu LT70-33 from HHGregg for $50. Its not too bad. Having trouble Tweeting with Twitter (see my post in the tablet Q&A thread) but I downloaded the Kindle reader from the Amazon app store plus a few other apps like Goodreads, UAS Today and a few games, all free. YouTube, Facebook, Twitter came pre-loaded. Not sure the battery life will be satisfactory, but for what I want to use it for: browsing the web, reading some emails, reading some eBooks, listening to music (and yes I can do all of those things from my iPhone but I still wanted a tablet!) its seems pretty nice. A great gift from my husband!

Sharyj65

May 22, 2013
Hi, will someone please assist me in regards to getting my tablet to work. When I turn it on, all I get is "infOTMIC". What do I need to do? Help