Custom rom for Kyros 7022.

ryry5262

Dec 31, 2011
I just got my Kyros a week ago and rooted it.Now i want a custom rom for it.Cynogen mod isnt compatible with my device.So ive been lookin and there isnt a rom in site.Can anyone point me in a direction.I dont care if it is a beta or in development.

Jan 20, 2012
I just got my Kyros a week ago and rooted it.Now i want a custom rom for it.Cynogen mod isnt compatible with my device.So ive been lookin and there isnt a rom in site.Can anyone point me in a direction.I dont care if it is a beta or in development.

You should check out Kyros Tablet Zone. They focus specifically on mods for the Kyros tablets. I'm currently running one of tipstir's roms with no problems to report.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
those roms arent really modified...more like themed. ive tried them all, and they are all still based off of gingerbread
Correct, no core files are changed so more or less these roms are themes complete or true roms would include all system files, would be 130MB or larger. as far as I know tipstir is the only one releasing roms for coby, so it's either his roms or stock.

Last edited:

4bddn

Dec 27, 2011
Correct, no core files are changed so more or less these roms are themes complete or true roms would include all system files, would be 130MB or larger. as far as I know tipstir is the only one releasing roms for coby, so it's either his roms or stock.

any link to his roms?

liveoutloud91

May 18, 2012
these are all the roms for the 7125 that i have tried...KYROS TABLET ZONE - KTZ. i didnt know that tipstir was the one who did all those...my bad :)
I've donated to Tipstir, tried his ROMs, participated in the KTZ forums and frankly....he/she strikes me as being a con-artist. Like VampireInfo stated, I wouldn't call those "true" ROMs and support is terrible.

I freely donate to the devs that make the ROMs that I use but that's just it, I DONATE. It seems to me that it violates the spirit of the open-source community when you're operating a VIP based service.