Custom roms for Aocon M19?

supple007

Jan 3, 2012
Morning all,

Im a recent apple convert and I must say android is the way! Please help me understand a few things.

I just recently purchased an Aocon M19 tablet with a android 2.3 phone version on it. Cell standby keeps draining the battery so I want to install either a custom rom or android 3.0 for it, the north American version as the current version is Chinese originally.
This tablet has a rockchip processor 1.2gb, 1gb memory, 16gb storage so I know it can handle a more demanding rom. Where I'm confused is the different rom for different devices, I dnt get what they're based on. As these tablets have similar functions, I would think you cud flash any rom into any device. In any event, can someone tell me how or where custom Rome are for my device, or which Rome oils work? Its frustrating that I can't even find a base rom for android anywhere, or maybe I don't know where to look. By the way, I've already roted the tablet inimitable ready to go! Any he'll would suffice, thanks...!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Android ROMs are hardware based so you have to find a ROM that works with your particular chipset. Be careful with any ROM unless you know what you are doing there is a good chance of bricking the device with the wrong ROM.

As far as the cell standby don't worry about it. It isn't actually draining your battery and it is just a misreported stat. If you have root access you can change the files to remove the cell standby but the "drain" it is reporting will simply be picked up by the idle stat but there is no actual change in battery life.

supple007

Jan 3, 2012
ok, cool, thanks, glad to know, I'll look into changing that info from showing up. any idea what my tablet or which tablet mine is similar to? very interested in updating the android version....