CWMrecovery flashing "error: cannot load 'A2109_CWMrecovery-6.0.1.9d.img'"

epilecutt

Mar 17, 2013
I'm incredibly sorry if I'm not posting in the correct forum. I've been several weeks at this and have slowly made progress, but today I came to a screeching halt.

As far as I can tell, I've done everything correctly and the only thing that's been any different from what all the tutorials show is my Device Manager not showing a "fastboot" under Other Devices. However, when I check a cmd prompt with "fastboot devices" I actually get a response (<long number><space>fastboot). My process is just as this thread
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...8-how-install-clockworkmod-recovery-root.html
suggests, but I get
[h=1]
"error: cannot load 'A2109_CWMrecovery-6.0.1.9d.img'"
[/h]
I've been absolutely sure to type the .img on the end and its located at the very top of the internal storage, not in any folders or anything.Any help at this point would be so greatly appreciated, there's no words to accurately describe it.

Last edited:

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
I'm incredibly sorry if I'm not posting in the correct forum. I've been several weeks at this and have slowly made progress, but today I came to a screeching halt.

As far as I can tell, I've done everything correctly and the only thing that's been any different from what all the tutorials show is my Device Manager not showing a "fastboot" under Other Devices. However, when I check a cmd prompt with "fastboot devices" I actually get a response (<long number><space>fastboot). My process is just as this thread
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...8-how-install-clockworkmod-recovery-root.html
suggests, but I get the 'error: cannot load' I mentioned in the title.

I've been absolutely sure to type the .img on the end and its located at the very top of the internal storage, not in any folders or anything.

Any help at this point would be so greatly appreciated, there's no words to accurately describe it.

You don't put the img file in the internal storage of the device, it needs to be on your PC. The easiest thing to do, as flashallthetime said, is put it in the LeTools folders. Otherwise you can specify the full path to it in your fastboot command.

epilecutt

Mar 17, 2013
Nosir, I read that it should be placed on the tablet's storage, but clearly I am a fool. So, should it be placed here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\LeTools

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
You're not the first person to make that mistake. I've edited the instructions for installing CWM to add a note about this.

epilecutt

Mar 17, 2013
Awesome, thanks again.

I don't wanna take up any more of your time, but I'm genuinely curious; Was the .img placement because of the usage of LeTools instead of the original bootloader?

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
No... fastboot sends the file from your PC to the A2109. Placing it in the LeTools folder just makes it easier in that you don't have to specific the full path to the file when you type the command in if fastboot.exe and the img file are in the same folder.