Day 3 of 5 Days of Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
icex.png

On the third day of Christmas Androidtablets.net gave to me 3 free copies of I.C.E. (In Case of Emergency). I.C.E is a small app that may one day save your life. You can enter name, address, phone number for quick contact, blood type, allergies, and current medication or any other information that may be useful for a doctor or paramedic. The app also has a widget that is placed on your home screen and shows most important details and a button for more info. I.C.E. is made by one of our own members here at androidtablets.net [FONT=&quot]pazvanti[/FONT]. If you would like to learn more about I.C.E. or if you’re not one of the lucky 3 to win a free copy and want to purchase it visit ICE | SlideME.

To enter to win just leave a comment on this thread, only one comment per person. This contest will end Sunday December 12th at 2 pm Arizona time

adnilasor

Oct 19, 2010
Gives one a sense of security, knowing it's there in case of an emergency.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum App

mrtubz69

Dec 5, 2010
This would b so great for the kids!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Android Tablet Forum App

TabletConnect

Aug 4, 2010
Excellent idea but how does a paramedic or policy officer access it if your tablet or phone is locked. I believe most people lock their phone or tablet, no?

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
Excellent idea but how does a paramedic or policy officer access it if your tablet or phone is locked. I believe most people lock their phone or tablet, no?

Unless you lock your phone/tablet with a pattern or security that won't be a problem. All android versions have the option for the phone to be unlocked with something that isn't security based. In that case you entire phone/tablet is useless. I strongly recommend to use an unlock screen that can be accessed by anyone when you travel alone, even if you don't have this app.

P.S. I am not in the contest (no sense participating for a price I am offering). Just wanted to answer any questions there are about the app.

2krazykats

Dec 7, 2010
Since this could contain private, confidential medical information, is there a password lock on the app?

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
Since this could contain private, confidential medical information, is there a password lock on the app?
If the app was password protected than the paramedics won't be able to access it. The entire point of the app is for the paramedics to know who you are, how to contact someone and other information if you get involved in a car accident or stuff like that. There is even a standard that the paramedics look for an ICE number in the phonebook when they find someone in an accident and don't have any info on that person. The app is for them to have all hte information that is crucial right there on the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.