Dazed and Confused

spiritwalker51

May 21, 2014
Hi,
I just signed up a little bit ago, looking around for answers but decided to say Hello, first. My name is Lea, but you can call me spiritwalker51.:eek:
I have looked all over the web for a solution before coming here. I have a Pandigital Novel 7" android that has the "android.process.acore" error. I got this for my daughter last year for Christmas, and she couldn't figure out how to put books on it.

Within the last couple of months, I got a android tablet
380728578364_11.jpg

4GB 7" Q88 Capacitive Android 4.0 Tablet PC and gave it to my daughter just the other day, and had her give me the Pandigital Novel android. Within 5 minutes of turning it on, I got the error and have been trying to find a way to get past that screen. It literally boots to the Pandigital Novel welcome screen, then goes straight to the error message. I have reset using the little reset thing on the side of the tablet, to no avail. I am not able to get any farther into the tablet to do a factory reset. Of course, I presume that Pandigital is no more, since I can't get to a website and just saw today, that they invalidated their warranties. I don't know if there is any way to even do a firmware reinstall, or anything.

At any rate, thanks for being here, even if I have to get a bigger hammer. I will be getting a different android in the near future.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Lea, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. Sorry to hear you're having a problem with that Pandigital Novel. I'd suggest you try a factory reset. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-q/62022-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-tablet.html If there are no instructions for your tablet, try some of the methods for other tablets. One of them will probably work and you won't hurt anything by trying as long as the tablet has a good charge or is plugged in. I'm also moving your thread to the Pandigital Novel forum for you, where more people familiar with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

spiritwalker51

May 21, 2014
Hi Lea, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. Sorry to hear you're having a problem with that Pandigital Novel. I'd suggest you try a factory reset. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-q/62022-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-tablet.html If there are no instructions for your tablet, try some of the methods for other tablets. One of them will probably work and you won't hurt anything by trying as long as the tablet has a good charge or is plugged in. I'm also moving your thread to the Pandigital Novel forum for you, where more people familiar with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

Hey Spider,
Thanks for the answer back so quickly! I have tried the combo of holding the power button and the up volume button, repeatedly, and I have reset the the tablet probably 30 times. The biggest problem is that as soon as it gets the main screen that shows Pandigital Novel, I get that darn error, and have to force close it, and the error keeps popping back up repeatedly.

I went to youtube U last night and watched a few videos on how to root the tablet but I really have no clue. I did download the zip file, but it appears there are no written directions and all the videos I watched, you start from the screen where all the app icons are, to navigate to where you can do the factory reset, and I can't get there.

I did install LUPU to a usb device so I can boot into the android file system. I have a brother who is a tech, and he runs Linux on his p c, so he is going to call me later this evening.

I am going to give it my best shot. I can't be any worse off than I am right now. Android doesn't work, and who knows, maybe I can figure it out with help!
Thank you so much, I appreciate your help, and edap's as well.