Dealing with Tablet and Android 4.1

carlmart

Aug 28, 2014
Recently I bought a tablet 10" which uses Android 4.1 as OS.

I believe some of the video issues are related with the program, and not the tablet itself.

What is the most important is which video player to install, as I need one that can play anything and read external subtitles.

Yesterday I thought I found one, MX player, but it only seems to differentiate between internal and external subs when the source is an SD card. Today I plugged in an external HDD and it didn't see the external subs.

So I have some questions:

1) Is there a video player that will play anything you throw at it with Android 4.1?

2) Will this video player play external subtitles or let me choose them?

3) Why the program behaves differently when the source is an SD card and an HDD?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I don't know if there is one player that will do everything you listed but you may want to try BS Player or VLC player. Did you download the MX Player supplemental codecs?.

carlmart

Aug 28, 2014
I don't know if there is one player that will do everything you listed but you may want to try BS Player or VLC player. Did you download the MX Player supplemental codecs?.

I may try BS player. VLV didn't work: froze the image and only played the audio. Maybe because it's still beta.

I will try to find the MX extra codecs.

Thanks.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi carl, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

carlmart

Aug 28, 2014
It's OK. No good luck with BS, and I couldn't install it.

In any case the fault was mine, and MX player seems to be the better one. I hadn't put the srt subs with those episodes, and now it's all fine.

Also got to understand how the DC input was failing to connect as it should when using external power. Those circular supply connectors are a real pain, particularly the small ones. I wonder if I can replace it with a bettr one, locked type.

When the warranty is due I will probably do that.

la1rose

Aug 29, 2014
Concerning the DC input is a real challenge. I reinforced mine with tape by the plugin. When it got older. I put a stick on it to make it sturdier.

Im glad I reinforced it. ~la

Last edited by a moderator:

carlmart

Aug 28, 2014
I'm sorry, but I got a reply on my mail that someone did something to the DC plugin, but it seems to have been erased.

How can you improve the DC socket.?

carlmart

Aug 28, 2014
Concerning the DC input is a real challenge. I reinforced mine withtqpeby the plugin. When it got older. I put a stick on it to make it sturdier.

Im glad I reinforced it. ~la

What do you mean you put a stick to make it sturdier?

la1rose

Aug 29, 2014
It was just a matter of wrapping the wire '(not cut) and a popsicle stick together. The stick is 2.5" longer than the end of the plug, for stability. Leave the stem uncovered. Wrap with tape from the end of covering about 1.5" to 2".

It helped my wire not bend in an awkward joint and become weak.

It works best for the plug directly into the tablet.