Deleted Google Search Bar, can I get it back?

brobox

Feb 23, 2011
Trying to setup my new, just rooted 7015 I accidentally deleted the Google Search Bar from my home page. Yes, I drug the search bar into the trash can icon and released it by mistake. Can I get the Google bar back, if so can it be moved to the second page. I am using ADW Launcher.

chicle

Jan 30, 2011
I'm pretty sure that's a widget. Choose add in settings, choose Widgets, then choose the Google Search widget to add it to home screen. If not a widget,check the market for Google search and install.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
On my tablet I can long click on a blank area of the home screen. A pop-up offers:
"Add to Home Screen" and gives a list - in the list is Widgets - I click there and the next window has a long list of widgets - including "Search" which puts the search bar back on the home screen.
I have not installed any widget manager software, but cannot say if one of the apps did.

brobox

Feb 23, 2011
Thank you, the long click worked and it is a widget. My problem now is getting this darn desktop in order and figuring out how to move things without deleting them. Thanks guys

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Long press a widget and then drag it where you want it. To delete, drag it to the trash can.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
Another thing I like is folders. I use five folders on the desktop, each with a dozen or so apps I find that easier than desktop clutter or using the slide out and fussing with scroll. My folders are: Puzzles, Action, Travel, Office, Tools. You can rename the folder by long clicking on it's title bar.

brobox

Feb 23, 2011
Thanks for the GREAT tips! I have learned more from this post than the past 2 nights trying to figure out what I am doing with the 7015. Something so simple sure makes you feel stupid when someone tells you how easy it is. I hope others have benefited from the tips and I am sure open for others. Thanks again.