Dell Streak 7 a disappointment

mikekoz

May 15, 2011
I have a feeling most people who are complaining about the screen resolution just read the specs without actually seeing the device. They do have a point about the viewing angle, but I do not find it a problem. I have no intention of rooting mine as Dell is supposed to have an official 3.0 update at some time, but I have not heard anything official, just internet chatter. I also would not put Honeycomb on it until Google gets their act together regarding the SD card access. They still have not got it right. Just read some of the posts in the Motorola Xoom forums to see what I mean!

sharonvk927

Sep 8, 2011
I have had my Dell Streak 7 wifi for about a week. It does everything I wanted a tablet to do. I am struggling with two thiings 1)the battery seem to run out quickly - not sure what to do to extend the life. 2) I am so confused on the GPS functiions ... one day it worked great. While at home I put in the destination, love the fact you can speak it, and when I got in the car everythiing worked good (it did get a little confused when I didn't follow the route exactly, but I basically knew where I was goin). Today I keyed in the addrss at home while hooked up to wifi and when I got to the car and started out it didn't work. I had a GPS signal but it wouldn't let put in an address while in the car. I've tried to research how to use it correctly and I've read the user manual from the dell site over and over. Thank you for your help.

margol1

Sep 27, 2011
I bought mine about a month ago. I am heavy Android phone user. Never ever I have even touched any iPhone.pod/pad. However... Besides a really nice price ($250 no contract) I did not find any good thing in my Streak. I bought it to install in the car dash. Therefore I have ignored the two main known disadvantages of Streak, namely the poor screen resolution and the battery life. Then I discovered the awful GPS. Hours for cold start (warm start is fine though). Then I discovered choppy playback of MKV files, while my single core Galaxy S plays them as a charm. Even such a simple operation as switching on is sometimes a problem (still don't know why). I can't wait to replace it by coming Galaxy 7.7.

richomak

Nov 6, 2011
I have the Streak 7 with the upgraded 3.2 and it does work well. Now, the problem is I set it down and left it for a few and now it won't turn back on. I checked the manual and in the troubleshooting section to turn it back on it wants you to hold down the + volume and then hold down the power on button to start it. It doesn't work. The battery was at 75% when it went off. I've plugged it in and nothing????. Guess I'll have to send it back to QVC where I bought it and get another one. Unless someone has another solution.

I finally got it to turn on. had to use the reset button where you put the SD Card. Whew!!!

Last edited: