Dell Venue 8 Problems After Android Upgrade

synapticflow

Aug 23, 2011
My Dell Venue had a few problems after I upgraded to Android 4.3. I returned it for a new one (4.22) and everything is working great again. So here is my problem. It is very easy to accidentally tap the upgrade notification bar and ruin my new tablet with the 4.3 upgrade. Is there any way to stop the tablet from asking me to upgrade my Android OS? (obviously without rooting, btw)

Thanks in advance.

Brian

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
My Dell Venue had a few problems after I upgraded to Android 4.3. I returned it for a new one (4.22) and everything is working great again. So here is my problem. It is very easy to accidentally tap the upgrade notification bar and ruin my new tablet with the 4.3 upgrade. Is there any way to stop the tablet from asking me to upgrade my Android OS? (obviously without rooting, btw)

Thanks in advance.

Brian

No, without rooting only way is not to click update.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
What kind of problems did you have? My roommate's Venue 8 was upgraded to 4.3 and has had no issues.

synapticflow

Aug 23, 2011
What kind of problems did you have? My roommate's Venue 8 was upgraded to 4.3 and has had no issues.

First some favorite apps no longer worked. Then I also discovered that the when I wanted to transfer a file from computer to the Dell's micro SD, it would shut down the process. When running 4.22, this was not an issue.

However I did indeed figure out how to make the tablet stop giving the update noification; all that without being rooted. I'm good now.

synapticflow

Aug 23, 2011
How did you stop the notification? Could help someone else with the same problem.

Oops! I simply did a long press on the update popup. It opened a menu with a long list of things might not receive updates if you shut off the notification. At the top of the list there was a tab for stop notifications. I unchecked that. I haven't had it popup since.