Do Not Buy Asus Tablet

sperras

Oct 2, 2013
I am writing this to discourage anyone from buying an Asus Tablet. I bought a 7" Memopad in May. It stopped working after 3 months. I took it into the local Asus service centre (Hong Kong) and they claimed that I damaged it. I did not. It was not dropped or hit by anything. There was some internal malfunction. They refused to honour the warranty and quoted me a price to fix it that was the same as its original cost. I am extremely disappointed and I will never buy another Asus product again. Don't waste your money and please go for another brand.

Astrix

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 7, 2012
What make it stop working?
- After official update of firmware
- After normal reboot
- or just out of sudden stop working
-...etc etc

Share about it and keep us informed
TIA

TapaTalking from Republic™ Of Android

edap

Dec 12, 2012
I, also, would need to know more about the details of the "internal malfunction" before I decided to boycott Asus.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
they claimed that I damaged it. I did not. It was not dropped or hit by anything.

Hi sperras, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Asus. Did you by any chance root the tablet or modify the ROM? That would have voided your warranty and explain why they refused to repair it free of charge.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
All tablets can fail, no matter who makes them. It's always best just to buy a warranty like square trade.
That way your tablet gets fixed or replaced no matter whos at fault.
If your problem is software you might be able to fix it, if hardware then you are out of luck.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
All new tablets carry a 1 year manufacturer's warranty. If the device breaks down after that, it's probably time to get a new and better one, which by that time, will probably cost less than the busted one.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
All new tablets carry a 1 year manufacturer's warranty. If the device breaks down after that, it's probably time to get a new and better one, which by that time, will probably cost less than the busted one.

The manufacturer warranty as is in this case isn't always a good thing, had the op bought a warranty like square trade he would have been covered now he is out of luck. The manufacturer warranty is very limited and in a lot of cases useless, a second unlimited warranty is the best policy that way a person is always covered.
Depending on manufacturer warranty leaves a lot of people with broken tablets eBay is full of them, had they just bought a second warranty they wouldn't be trying to sell their 200 or 300 dollar tablet for 20 or 30 dollars.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I am a dedicated Asus fan and have been using their products for over a decade.

I will say this about Asus, and after hearing countless cases about Asus repair/RMA. It varied a LOT by location. In the US, I have had zero issues. I did have an RMA on my tablet, took care of it quickly and easily. I have heard horror stories about Asus repair in Europe and also in Asia.

Also, I am not going to stop buying Asus just because one or two people somewhere had an issue. If I did do this, I would be living in a cardboard box under the bridge.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
The manufacturer warranty as is in this case isn't always a good thing, had the op bought a warranty like square trade he would have been covered now he is out of luck. The manufacturer warranty is very limited and in a lot of cases useless, a second unlimited warranty is the best policy that way a person is always covered.
Depending on manufacturer warranty leaves a lot of people with broken tablets eBay is full of them, had they just bought a second warranty they wouldn't be trying to sell their 200 or 300 dollar tablet for 20 or 30 dollars.

Maybe manufacturers should start providing graded warranties depending on the level of coverage that you're comfortable with. I'm thinking : BRONZE, SILVER, GOLD or PLATINUM.
Hello...