does anyone know how to root the Coby Kyros MID1126

sasesis

Nov 21, 2011
And if rooted will it allow me to install flashplayer and other apps and games from Android market. Currently i can get to market but it will not allow me to add the Kyros MID1126 although it shows the apps i have installed on my phones. My google account calendar updates with my phone why cant i have access to all things i have installed?

americandane

Oct 27, 2011
And if rooted will it allow me to install flashplayer and other apps and games from Android market. Currently i can get to market but it will not allow me to add the Kyros MID1126 although it shows the apps i have installed on my phones. My google account calendar updates with my phone why cant i have access to all things i have installed?

I'm not sure what you mean about "add" the Kyros, but if you can get to market and it shows your phone apps, then I wonder HOW you got to the market? For example if you didn't go through a setup/sign-in process then possibly that's the problem and you will need to clear market data and cache and do the sign up process again.
As far as zyncing your mail and contacts, that's a function of the system apps contactssyncadapter and you need to have that in your /system/app folder as well as the other google apps.

What Android version are you running? And, how did you get Market on your tablet? And, are you already rooted? With that info we can probably get you fixed up.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Changing LCD density to 160 should fix the Market problem (see other threads for more info).

Root: try SuperOneClick.

sjgusmc21

Dec 6, 2011
So I bought the 10" and the 8" for me and my wife for Christmas. BTW...love them! I was able to get market and such on them, but as for root, tried z4root sooooo many times, could never get SU to come up. Had to reset to default numerous times. As for flash, well, that's a no go of course without rooting it, or at least as far as my capabilities go at this point. If anyone figures this out, would be great. Are these considered 2nd or 3rd Generation? I am guessing 2nd Generation. OS is 2.3.3 n I just saw the SuperOneClick....will give it a try this weekend. Thanks.

sjgusmc21

Dec 6, 2011
Nope. SuperOnceClick did not work....'Not Responding'. Seems to be a common issue. And the search continues.......:)

sjgusmc21

Dec 6, 2011
Alrighty then! Installed this:

USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

That seemed to do it. I also installed mono-2.10.6-gtksharp-2.12.11-win32-1.exe, but not for sure if this did it or not and I have the most current version of .Net installed. Afterwards, was able to install flash 11.1 from market. Worked like a champ. Make sure you do not mount the SD card and check the box under applications for 'debugging'. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

judyneric

Nov 19, 2011
sjgusmc21, what did installing the Motorola drivers do for the Kyros?

Did you install them on the Kyros or your PC? Did it let you use SuperOneClick to root the Kyros?

giamarisa

Dec 31, 2011
Please elaborate how you added theses computer to tablet on tablet etc... im somewhat confused i
downloaded them on both still cant get android market apps please help

dcpodes

Mar 4, 2012
Why does everyone neeed to root their tablets. I am new and dont understand. I was stuck and frustrated when i first bought the mid1126.
But then i found the 1mobile market app. It seemed the same as android market. My only remaining issue is the hdmi in settings is shadded and wont
let me turn it on. Other than that, i got flash, skype, google earth and much more. Am i missing something here? And remember
i am new...lol

Dave

traylord

Jan 6, 2012
Why does everyone neeed to root their tablets. I am new and dont understand. I was stuck and frustrated when i first bought the mid1126.
But then i found the 1mobile market app. It seemed the same as android market. My only remaining issue is the hdmi in settings is shadded and wont
let me turn it on. Other than that, i got flash, skype, google earth and much more. Am i missing something here? And remember
i am new...lol

Dave

You won't be able to do anything until you plug in an HDMI cable and hook it to an American TV set. It will not work on european tv's

1lowjack

Apr 3, 2012
how did you get to the market w/o rooting? and if you are rooted you may have a storage problem. If not your kyros may not have finished your rooting process, then you may also have an improper listing on one of you load programs. Start fresh with a new root S1-clickor universal androot, then arctools or Hotfile.com for your android market that should update and flush out the old sys with a new one.