does the 2.2 android tablets get marketplace apps?

jen11

Oct 30, 2011
I'm looking at tablets. I saw one of amazon that is an 7 inch one that says Google Android marketplace?

would i beable to get ringtones, gmail apps on the tablet? thank you

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
Yes to all of these in most cases. There are some off-brand tablets that do not come with the Market pre-installed. but there are links on the web that you can download the Market on your own. Ring tones and alert tones are even easier. You can put in your own ring tones from MP3 files you can make yourself. That is the beauty of Android. We are not at the mercy of Apple to have to buy our ring tones.

jen11

Oct 30, 2011
thank you very much for the help.

thats great!i want the tablet to work like my phone.

if i buy a tablet thats a little less money, and the tablet doesn't have an market app installed already, can i go on the website and install it directly from the market online website? thank you

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
There are several threads here on this blog with links to the Google Market. Also, you can always download the Amazon Appstore to you tablet. Amazon has a great deal where they give away a paid app everyday. I have picked up several expensive apps for free. But you have to check their app store every day to find out what is offered for the day. I have the Market and Amazon both.

konstan

Oct 30, 2011
Yeah the version is not what determines whether it has the market or not. Some are certified for Market (by Google? - thats a guess) and some are not. My Samsung Galaxy has market. My daughter's Nextbook 3.x does not :( and if I install Market from an .apk file, it runs but you cannot download anything from it - get a "not authorized" message.

Amazon app store will run on anything and has a bunch of free apps, you just need an account and a credit card (even for the free apps you have to have a cc).

americandane

Oct 27, 2011
Ringtones? Not sure why you want those on a tablet, but you certainly can get gmail and all the google apps on an Android 2.2. To install these requires you to get read write access to the /system/apps directory.