Magazine Subscription Apps

whatsadroid

Oct 19, 2011
Greetings all!

When tablets starting becoming popular (after the introduction of the Ipad), I saw a great potential in them for news/magazine consumption without the waste (i.e., the piles of old papers/magazines post-read).

I'm getting ready to take a plunge and purchase a tablet device and would love to start getting my papers/mags in electronic form via tablet apps. I haven't been able to determine what magazine subscriptions are available from the Android Marketplace (in comparison to the plethora of mag apps available via itunes).

Can anyone provide a reference to what (if any) magazines offer android tablet apps?

Thanks!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I actually just use an app called Feedly and then subscribe to my favorite news services and feeds. It takes the content and reformats it nicely for reading in a magazine like experience. Try checking that out. works for phones too.

whatsadroid

Oct 19, 2011
Thanks pb! I will check it out on my Iphone -- I was hoping to find a list of magazine published apps/subscriptions that give a magazine-like experience on a tablet; it seems Itunes has a bunch. I'd like to go android, but I might have to go Ipad simply due to mags unless mags are on android. Thanks again!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
as I said it is pretty good. also, amazon has magazine subscriptions that run on Droid, i used to have both Newsweek and Esquire. I have cancelled both since Feedly works so well.

ScotSun

Oct 18, 2011
Zinio. Reader is free, mag subscriptions cost of course, but they are delivered automatically to your device when they are made available by the publisher. I subscribe to a couple and get them typically a week or more before they are on the newsstands. They have a large selection to choose from including international ones...

weezyrider

Jul 29, 2011
Kalmbach publishing offers magazines in a web format. I've checked out Astronomy. I'm looking as I'm tired of some magazine clutter.